Family Engagement Coordinator for the 2021/2022 School Year
Certified-Elementary/ Elementary Teacher
Ventana Vista Elementary
Open until Filled
Part-time (.75 FTE) - 30 hours per week (this position is eligible for our full benefits package, including medical, dental and vision coverage).
Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university and appropriate certification as issued by the State of Arizona.
Ventana Vista Elementary School
SUMMARY : The teacher on assignment collaborates with teachers and principal to engage families in student learning and student data for the improvement of academic achievement in students.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in the job class.)
- Coordinates family engagement communications and events consistent with district and school education objectives
- Coordinates the implementation of the Family Teacher Teams (FTT) process
- Serves as a liaison between the principal and teachers on family engagement and the FTT initiative
- Attends and participates in grade level/school team meetings to coordinate the FTT process across grade levels
- Oversees the development of family learning activities to include materials management and preparation for FTT meetings
- Oversees the FTT calendar
- Trains the staff on the FTT process and use of standard presentation materials to include formal training at the beginning of each school year and reviews sessions on critical procedures before each benchmark period
- Coordinates the collection of data from classroom teachers
- Distributes assessment reports to teams and facilitates the analysis of assessment results
- Prepares a data notebook for the principal and facilitates data discussions with the school leadership team at each school for the purpose of goal setting and program evaluation
- Assists teams in defining the focus for each FTT cycle and planning for each event
- Counsels with colleagues, students, and /or parents on a regular basis
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with others
- Surveys parents and teachers about family engagement and the FTT program to provide ongoing feedback to stakeholders
- Performs other reasonable family engagement duties as may be directed by the Principal/Assistant Superintendent.
Evaluation: Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Governing Board Policy on Evaluation of Certificated Personnel.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Appropriate teaching certificate as issued by the State of Arizona
Apply for Family Engagement Coordinator for the 2021/2022 School Year
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly