Human Resource Manager
- Job Type
Human Resource Manager
Woodlands School seeks candidates for a full-time Human Resources Manager to join our team. The primary purpose of this position is to support strategic efforts of the HR Department and the employees he/she serves. This role supports all people initiatives and goals across the school. The position serves as an ambassador to the Woodlands School’s culture and is committed to a positive employee experience which is measured through employee engagement and retention. He/she acts as a resource to principals, teachers, and employees by recruiting employees and coordinating/managing talent initiatives.
Woodlands School enrolls over 600 students in grades K4 through eighth grade at two campus sites in a multi-aged learning environment, at our Bluemound and State Street campuses. It is known for achieving academic excellence within a safe and nurturing environment. The curriculum centers around “The Woodlands Way” which is a character-based education approach that helps a diverse population of students recognize and develop strong and positive values. It is based on the idea that strong character education creates happy, sensitive, creative children who grow into adults who are morally and socially responsible.
- Manages and oversees the recruiting process for all levels of candidates: executive, exempt, and non-exempt.
- Oversees on-boarding process as a central coordination point for the organization.
- Communicates with colleagues, managers, and benefit providers to provide information, assistance and resolution regarding employment, payroll, Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA), short-term disability (STD), workers’ compensation, benefits, employee relations and terminations, and ensures compliance with federal and state laws.
- Ensures the health and welfare benefit plans are updated and changes are communicated with employees annually. Responds to questions and issues and forwards inquiries to the third-party administrator, as necessary.
- Partners closely with the Business Manager and business office with the management of payroll and benefit offerings.
- Trains leaders in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management with appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Manages employment eligibility (I-9) process; completes verifications of employment; maintains updated forms, records, and personnel files; acquires background reports; processes new hires and terminations; manages provider billings.
- Assists in the research and implementation of a variety of HR initiatives and solutions to achieve company goals.
- Leads performance review process, annual health screenings, open enrollment, and colleague surveys.
- Assists supervisors with processing of terminations.
- Manage payroll system (Paychex), and payroll process for all Woodlands’ employees.
- Addresses all State of Wisconsin unemployment matters
- Updates employee handbook
- Prepares reports need for the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, (DPI), and for University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, (UWM)
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 – 7 years of progressive experience in a Human Resources environment, preferably in a school or non-profit environment. PHR/SPHR certification is desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations with the ability to remain up to date on any changes in the law.
- Proficiency on Google products including Gmail, Drive, and Docs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Excel and Word.
- Proficiency in internet research and navigation.
- Solid working knowledge of HRIS systems. (Paychex preferred)
- Ability to work Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and the ability to occasionally travel out-of-town and overnight.
- High level of discretion and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with School organization.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong ability to build effective relationships and work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize.
- Ability to effectively present information to groups and one-on-one.
The Woodlands School offers a comprehensive benefit package and broad range of programs to meet the needs of our employees.
Woodlands School is an equal employment opportunity all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please forward a resume’ as well as a cover letter or description of why you are interested in this position.
Apply for Human Resource Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly