BALTIMORE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS JOB TITLE :
Teacher, Virtual Learning Program - French PART-TIME (.5 FTE) LOCATION:
Jefferson Building DEFINITION :
Under direction, plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students. Instructs, supervises, and assesses students synchronously and asynchronously in a virtual learning environment. Monitors and evaluates student outcomes. Performs other duties as assigned. EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Meets and instructs assigned classes at designated times in a virtual format. Maintains a safe and orderly learning environment.
Plans and implements instructional programs that adhere to system-wide goals and priorities and meet the needs, interests, and abilities of students.
Prepares and documents appropriate lesson plans, based upon adopted curricula and learning environment, to teach instructional objectives.
Creates an instructional environment that is conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of students.
Communicates standards, achievements, and deficiencies to students and parents. Meets with students and parents.
Maintains complete and accurate student academic, attendance, and disciplinary records. Monitors and assesses students' academic progress.
Oversees the appropriate use and care of textbooks, instructional materials, facilities, and equipment.
Collaborates with school administrators, other teachers, paraeducators, parents, and community members in the education of students.
Attends staff meetings. Serves on various committees. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education, Training, and Experience :
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in an applicable field.
Licenses and Certificates :
Possession of, or eligibility for, a Maryland Certificate commensurate to the position is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
Knowledge of the principles and practices of pedagogy. Knowledge of curriculum. Knowledge of effective virtual instructional techniques. Knowledge of instructional materials and equipment used in the virtual environment. Knowledge of and skill in data analysis.
Skill in instructing students in a virtual environment. Skill in preparing and implementing virtual lesson plans. Skill in communicating with students, their parents, administrators, and others. High level of technology competency. Knowledge of and skill in the use of database, internet, spreadsheet, word processing, and related applications.
Ability to properly maintain confidential information. PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS :
The work of this class is generally performed in a school or office environment. Work may require the ability to travel to various virtual classroom settings. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Requires attendance at after-school and evening meetings and events. FLSA :
Exempt Eligible for membership in the Maryland State Retirement System
This document describes the duties and responsibilities of a position. It shall not be held to exclude duties not referenced nor limit the right of management to assign work to employees. Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required *Teachers selected will be expected to attend summer professional learning, dates TBD
*Positions are on a year-to-year basis. Application Instructions Please read and carefully follow the instructions provided below.
- Applicants are required to have a completed application on file for employment with Baltimore County Public Schools (BCPS). Each time an applicant applies to a job with BCPS, the application must be resubmitted. If an applicant started an application with BCPS in the past and at a later date decides to apply for additional positions, it is the applicant's responsibility to review the entire application and ensure that all data is up to date (for example, the applicant may need to add additional schooling or certifications, an additional work experience, or provide updated references). The applicant must remember to review the entire application each time for accuracy and submit each time for a new or different vacancy.
- Professional references must be submitted to complete your application. Examples of professional references include current and former principals, supervisors, managers, mentor teachers and university/college supervisors. Personal references from colleagues, friends, community members, etc. will not be accepted. Applicants should notify their reference proactively to inform them they will receive a form via email through a MAILBOT email address from Baltimore County Public Schools. Applicants should also inform their reference(s) of the job they are applying to.
- Be sure to account for all periods of employment and unemployment, including student teaching and internship experience, and include names, addresses, and telephone numbers of employers.
- Be sure to answer all criminal background questions. If you answer "yes" to any of the criminal background questions you must provide a written explanation. A criminal offense does not necessarily exclude an applicant from employment with BCPS. Factors such as passage of time since the offense, the nature of the violation, and the extent of rehabilitation will be taken into consideration.
- All persons employed by the Baltimore County Public Schools, regular and temporary, are required to be fingerprinted and have a criminal background investigation (State of Maryland, Senate Bill 315, effective October 1, 1986) completed. The fee charged for fingerprinting is $81.00. An identification card will be issued which must be shown prior to employment.
- Anyone offered employment is required to provide proper identification and documentation of eligibility for employment in the US.
- If you have military experience you will be asked to provide a copy of DD214.
- Official transcripts for all higher education must be received prior to contract signing.
- Some positions will require employees to undergo a physical examination and/or drug testing.
- All newly hired personnel must attend a Badges and Benefits session.
- Additional job verification will be required for salary credit.
The Board of Education of Baltimore County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or veteran status in matters affecting employment or in providing access to educational programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries regarding the Board's nondiscrimination policies should be directed to: EEO Officer, Office of Equal Employment Opportunity, Baltimore County Public Schools, 6901 Charles Street, Building B, Towson, Maryland 21204 (443-809-8937). There is a compliance officer responsible for identifying, preventing, and remedying prohibited harassment concerning students. Complaints of harassment should be directed to the executive director, Department of School Safety and Security, 9600 Pulaski Park Drive, Suite 118, Baltimore, MD 21220 (443-809-4360). Contact Information
Human Resources Officer
6901 Charles Street, Building E
Towson, Maryland 21204 Phone:
443-809-4453 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org