Additional Locations Overview
Hamilton County Schools, located in Chattanooga, TN, is building the best school district in Tennessee. We are committed to excellence for every student and are seeking outstanding teachers with the ability to inspire, engage, and who desire to make a difference in the lives of students. With nearly 80 schools located in urban, rural, and suburban communities, we are confident that you can find your place in Hamilton County.Soddy Daisy High School
is a 9-12 school located in Soddy Daisy, TN, just north of the Chattanooga area. We are a community school that is supported by local businesses, families, and both former and current students. We offer a rich choice of programs which includes a wide variety of sports, band, Army ROTC, and many college-level classes in all content areas.
At SDHS, we offer two Future Ready Institutes that connect our students to the greater Chattanooga community and area businesses specifically the Institute of Media and Entrepreneurship
and the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Technology Academy. Working in an atmosphere such as this stimulates teachers to grow as professionals as they collaborate with their peers on how to best help our students. The culture is rich with growth and benefits all stakeholders.
Interested in joining our team? We are looking for teachers who are excited to be team players, who will support the mission of our school, and who possess an energetic outlook and always want to improve our school. Responsibilities Exceptional Education Alternate Assessment Supports Teacher:
Experience working with students with moderate to severe disabilities in a school setting; ability to co-teach by working side-by-side with a content area teacher to provide instruction and supports to students, and teach credit classes including alternative academic diploma for students with moderate to severe disabilities; knowledge of upper level school subject matter; ability to work in a variety of inclusionary and pull-out program settings. Ability to teach developmental reading using research based materials that cover the NCLB reading components such as SPIRE, Orton-Gillingham and/or willingness to be trained. Follow Hamilton County Schools' instructional framework including:
- Ensuring Equity in Actions
- Setting High Expectations
- Building a Productive Classroom Culture
- Responsive Teaching and Learning
: Build a safe and productive classroom culture. Positive relationships are evident, procedures are clear, and the classroom is safe and secure for learning to unfold. Student and teacher interactions promote a growth mindset. Family & Community:
Develop strong relationships with students' families while diligently informing parents of expectations, positive news, and/or concerns. Provide opportunities for parents to be involved in their children's learning. Willingness to collaborate in building a strong school community and to foster a collaborative relationship among other teachers, administrators, students, parents, and other stake holders.Professional Responsibilities:
Actively participates in system-wide professional develoments offered by exceptional education and learning community with colleagues in order to improve teaching and student learning. Reflect on instruction and leadership while contributing ideas, expertise, and time to the mission and goals of the school. Knowledge of IDEA, current state special education rules and regulations, and compliance issues relative to programming, assessment and procedural safeguards for students with disabilities. Ability to complete training in Crisis Prevention Intervention. Trained or willingness to be trained in Work-Based Learning opportunities if working in a high school setting. Qualifications
- Must be able to write and implement instructional appropriate IEP's leading to positive outcomes for students with disabilities and facilitate IEP meetings.
- Ability to design/write and implement transition programming for students with mild to moderate disabilities.
- Experience with administration and interpretation of standardized assessments and alternative assessments (TCAP Portfolio / MSAA).
- Good organizational skills; good communication skills to facilitate teaching, assessment, meeting and data management responsibilities such as Easy IEP.
- Possess good technology skills to facilitate implementation of academic and/or behavior intervention programs and working with a wide variety of technology platforms.
- Willingness to work within programming areas as a collaborative team member.
- May include providing general physical assistance to students with various disabilities. Tasks will involve, but are not limited to, assisting students with toileting/feeding/other self-help and behavioral needs. Additional duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn interventions designed for students with developmental disabilities including but not limited to the following: social, behavioral, communication, physical, self-help, and cognitive disabilities, antecedent/behavioral package, one-to-one discrete trial teaching, modeling, incidental teaching, peer coaching, pivotal response training, visual supports & schedules. Self-regulation, social stories.
- Specialized skills in working with students with significant communication disorders including PECS systems and augmentative and alternative communication devices.
- Teaching candidates must hold a valid state of Tennessee teaching certification in Special Education (Endorsements: 105,460,461) If you hold a teaching license in another state, you must apply for a Tennessee teaching license.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree.
- Conduct ongoing data collection on all IEP goals/objectives as indicated in the wording of each IEP goal, but at minimum 1 data point per goal per week. Place a copy of the data collection in the student's special education file prior to each quarterly progress report. Use the collected data to complete Progress Monitoring Data Points in EasyIEP and to complete the quarterly progress reports that are sent home to parents/guardians.
- Case managers and service providers will use the EasyIEP Progress Monitoring Wizard to graph at least 3 data points per goal per each nine week grading period. (The only exceptions to using the EasyIEP Progress Monitoring Graphs are Speech Language Personnel, OTs, PTx, and Audiologists who use Stellar Docs for Progress Monitoring. It is understood that service personnel using Stellar Docs will also enter data on quarterly progress reports.)
Salary is based on a combination of relevant education and experience.Salary Scale Education Requirement
Bachelor's Degree Years Experience Requirement