Special Education Professional Staff
- Job Type
- Evaluation and ARD Specialist (Diagnostician)
- Interventionist - SPED Behavior Support
- Interventionist - SPED Transition Support
- Licensed School Psychologist
- Speech Language Pathologist
Location: To be determined
Pay Grade: Contract
Salary: Klein ISD Current Staff Compensation Plan
Qualifications by Position:
Evaluation and ARD Specialist (Diagnostician)
- Valid Educational Diagnostician Certificate
- Valid Texas Teacher’s Certificate
- Master’s Degree Required
- Three years special education teaching experience preferred
Interventionist - SPED Behavior Support
- Teaching Certification in Special Education or other related licensure
- Minimum of 3 years of instructional experience in special education setting
- Evidence of previous success improving outcomes for students in special education
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field, preferred
- Successful use of instructional strategies with diverse student populations
- Experience delivering professional learning
- Evidence of successful experience with leadership opportunities
- Previous experience working with emotional/behavior related disabilities
Interventionist - SPED Transition Support
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Master’s Degree Preferred: from an accredited college or university in special education or educational leadership
- Valid Texas certificate in Special Education required
- Valid Texas certificate in Transition Coordination preferred
- Valid Texas certificate in Principalship preferred
- Three years experience teaching in special education required
Licensed School Psychologist
- Licensure from the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists (LSSP).
- Masters Degree, Educational Specialist Degree or Ph.D.
- Experience working in public schools is preferred.
Speech Language Pathologist
- Holds a current SLP license in the state of Texas Qualifications:
- Holds a Master’s degree in speech pathology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence awarded by American Speech Hearing Association or seeking a CFY position
Special Education Teaching Positions
- Special Education Coteach/Resource Teacher
- Special Education Early Childhood Teacher
- Special Education Developmental Teacher
- Special Education BASE and BASE+Teacher
- Special Education PASS Teacher
- Location: To be determined
- Pay Grade: Contract
- Salary: Klein ISD Current Staff Compensation Plan
- Valid Texas Teacher's Certificate
- Applicants with an out of state certificate must successfully pass the Texas Examination of Educator Standards (TExES) within twelve months from the date of employment.
- Special Education teachers new to the profession now must also have one of the TExES Generalist/Core Subjects exams passed along with the SPED EC-12 TExES exam.
- All level Art, Music and PE exams provide competency for elementary music, art and physical education teachers.
- The EC-12 Special Education exam may still demonstrate subject competency in reading and math for grades 7- 8.
- Applicants going through an Alternative Certification plan must show proof of passing the content exam and meet the guidelines mentioned above.
- You must be eligible for a one year probationary certificate upon employment.
- You must successfully complete all requirements to be eligible for a standard certificate within twelve months from the date of employment.
- Photocopies of SBEC certificate and test scores, and all college transcripts must be uploaded into online applicant folder
Please visit the Klein ISD website to view each job description in its entirety.
A select number of applicants will be invited for an interview. Only persons with the above credentials and background will be considered.
Both In-district and Out-of-district applicants should submit an application, and upload resume and copies of educational credentials and certifications through our online application process.
The Klein Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex in the educational programs or activities which it operates and is an equal opportunity employer.
Human Resources, 7200 Spring Cypress Rd., Klein, Texas 77379 (832) 249-4218
More searches like this
- Teaching High School Full-Time jobs in Houston
- Special Education Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Houston
- Behavior Specialist Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Houston
- Support Staff High School Full-Time jobs in Houston
- Educational Assessor / Diagnostician High School Full-Time jobs in Houston