Classroom Teacher - All Grade Levels EC-12
- Job Type
Position: Classroom Teacher (Grades EC-12)
Pay Grade: Contract
Duty Days: 187
Salary: KISD Current Staff Compensation Plan for Teachers
- ESL Endorsement required for elementary teachers.
- Valid Texas Teacher’s Certificate based on teaching assignment.
- Applicants with an out of state certificate must successfully pass the Texas Examination of Educator Standards (TExES) within twelve months from the date of employment.
- Special Education teachers new to the profession now must also have one of the TExES Generalist/Core Subjects exams passed along with the SPED EC-12 TExES exam.
- Elementary Art, Music, and PE positions require specific certification in corresponding subject area.
- Applicants going through an Alternative Certification plan must show proof of passing the content exam and meet the guidelines mentioned above. You must be eligible for a one year intern certificate upon employment. You must successfully complete all requirements to be eligible for a standard certificate within twelve months from the date of employment.
- Photocopies of SBEC certificate and test scores, and all college transcripts must be uploaded into online applicant folder. Transcripts must show posted degree.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct and evaluate the learning experiences of the pupils in all activities sponsored by the school, and provide guidance to the pupil in which promote his welfare and his proper educational development.
- Maintain accurate pupil accounting records in compliance with local and state requirements.
- Administer the classroom and its program of organization and management, and to provide for the care and protection of school property and to be held accountable for all equipment issued to him/her.
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of the school program, and to work cooperatively with the department head in the development of techniques and in the improvement of instruction.
- Keep abreast of scholarly productions and research studies in the field of teaching, and to take part in the staff development program of the school.
- Participate in the business and professional activities of the faculty and maintain cordial and workable relationships with other members of the staff.
- Develop rules and regulations for the management of the classroom, with the approval of the principal, and enforce same. To evaluate the effectiveness of all policies and report to the principal thereon.
- Interpret the policies of the school to parents and other patrons, and to execute t he Board of Trustees and administrative policies within the classroom and the community.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the principal.
- Report to the principal.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Works with frequent interruptions
- Occasional irregular hours.
- Preparation of materials may involve the packing, moving and lifting of equipment and supplies.
- Repetitive actions
A select number of applicants will be invited for an interview. Only persons with the above credentials and background will be considered.
- Both In-district and Out-of-district applicants should submit an application, and upload resume and copies of educational credentials and certifications through our online application process.
The Klein Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex in the educational programs or activities which it operates and is an equal opportunity employer.