Attendance Coordinator is responsible for providing services to assigned schools in the investigation, counseling and intervention of students with excessive attendance problems. Position works with school administration and support staff to ensure that all attendance enforcement and truancy procedures are accurately and consistently applied. Position assesses student's attendance behaviors and works as a team member to develop prevention/intervention strategies; provides case management and monitors student progress. RequirementsPrimary Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all student and collateral information is input, such as student's email, cell phone, work address, etc.
- Gathers and reviews attendance data to identify students who are excessively truant.
- Assesses students with attendance problems and makes home visits to assess the additional resources are needed.
- Collaborates with school staff to develop interventions for students who are truant and develops individualized plans to improve attendance.
- Answers and / or makes calls and meets with parents or adult to address truancy issues on behalf of the school.
- Prepares district truancy documentation
- Meets and leads Weekly Attendance Staff meetings with Principal, Family Support Specialists & other pertinent school staff to discuss;
- Reason for consecutive absence
- Barriers that need to be addressed
- Conduct home and/or work visits
- Ask known friends and associates of student at school
- Next steps - Rti discussions where necessary
- Ensure teachers are printing attendance letters and ensure all efforts are documented correctly in STARS and in MIS before withdrawing.
- Monitor contact logs to ensure teachers are making quality calls.
- Conduct weekly follow up meetings with students on contract and update their parents with status.
- Identify students in need of withdrawal and report to administration.
- Follow up with students within 30 days to 120 days of withdrawal to reengage and evaluate re-enrollment.
- Complete and submits District truancy documents for qualified students according to District and State guidelines and protocol.
- Work with school administration to understand and ensure task and reporting deadlines are met.
- Monitor and analyze school attendance and retention performance and report data trends to administration.
- Assist school administration in any and all school operation duties in regard to student attendance and truancy.
Opportunities abound at ALS Education LLC, a leading provider of non-traditional programming for students who are at-risk of dropping out of high school or who have already dropped out and are seeking a second chance. Serving students in some of the largest school districts in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina, ALS Education LLC manages 21 schools (17school in Florida, 3 In North Carolina and 1 in Georgia). ALS Education LLC is currently seeking outstanding teachers, leaders and staff who are committed to helping our students aged 16-21 who have dropped out and need a unique learning environment to thrive and be successful.
Our schools provide students the opportunity to get back on track in their learning by building basic skills and meeting requirements for graduation. Looking beyond graduation, we provide extensive career and college readiness training to prepare students with the skills and planning for life after high school.
We have an increased need for teachers interested in teaching reading, math, science, special education and English as a second language in an innovative High School Setting.
If you are seeking an opportunity to be part of a mission-driven organization and impact the lives and legacies of students and families, apply now!