Job Title School Nurse Location Sterling, VA, US Organization Name Sully Elementary School Department Description Sully Elementary School
Brief Description This is professional nursing work in providing health services at a school clinic. An employee in this class is responsible for providing for the health needs of students during school hours. Detailed Description The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
• Performs state mandated screenings and prepares reports.
• Provides direct nursing service for routine and emergency situations and prepares and maintains medical records.
• Applies considerable judgment and interpretation in unusual or nonstandard situations.
• Prepares parent referrals of students to physicians, social services, hospitals, and other health services.
• Confers with and advises school administrators regarding student health issues, including student medical concerns, parent medical concerns, health emergency procedures, and special education needs.
• Prepares and evaluates health care plans for students, as needed.
• Delivers health/medical training to bus drivers, food service staff, faculty, administrators, and other school staff.
• Participates in Medicaid billing process.
• Participates as a member of the IEP team and 504 committee.
• Participates as a member of the Unified Mental Health Team.
• Collaborates with parents, medical providers, and LCPS staff to manage health issues safely and appropriately at school.
Job Requirements Below are the qualifications for this position:
• Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in Virginia
• BSN preferred
• One year of experience as a registered nurse
• Knowledge of nursing and health care practices as applied to children and youth
• Ability to provide effective nursing and related health services for students, to keep abreast of medical practices in the field, to deal effectively with students requiring health assistance, to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and to work cooperatively with others
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, climb, stoop, kneel, bend and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; reach with hands and arms and see and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and may be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds.
Additional Details Classified Salary Scale , Level 17
The Loudoun County School Board seeks to cultivate a high performing team of professionals focused on its mission and goals. The School Board values merit and excellence within its workforce and encourages the highest levels of professionalism for all its employees.
The School Board also recognizes and values the diversity of the students and broader community it serves and encourages diversity within its workforce.
The Loudoun County School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School Board does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of actual or perceived race, national origin, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any basis protected by law.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply To submit an application online, please select "Apply Now"
To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Please be sure to upload the following:
•Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.
Interview Date School Year SY_2021-2022 School Year 2021-2022 Job Type Classified Closing Date Contract or Assignment Days/Hours Per Day 192 days / 7.5 hours Amount of Travel
Refresh Detach Attach
Skill Minimum Level Maximum Level Desirability No results found.