Dear Employee,In accordance with Civil Service Rules, Human Resources will be approving the use of unassembled external lists for the following positions: An unassembled external list consists of compiling applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for each job by evaluations of education, training and experience per Civil Service Rule #4 without an exam/test component. Internal and External candidates who meet the minimum qualifications would then be placed on an External list. The unassembled lists will be used in an external capacity and the eligibility lists will be valid for one year from the date they are created. Though internal candidates may still apply, no seniority points will be awarded and there will not be internal lists compiled for these positions at this time. Positions will be posted externally through TalentEd. Each external position will be posted by July 15, 2021. Please note that this opportunity is being made in collaboration with Duval Teachers United and will not be a continuing practice. Should you have any questions please contact our office at 904-390-2182.Job Summary
Technical accounting work at the lead-worker level. Reviews, processes, and maintains accounting and/or fiscal records. This class lies above that of Account Clerk, Bookkeeper I, and/or Secretary/Bookkeeper. Inspects, reviews, and/or maintains a complex record system involving varied accounting and fiscal transactions, or of a less complex system involving a large number of transactions in compliance with established Duval County Public School System and/or divisional and departmental policies, rules and procedures.Essential Functions
1. Monitors and reviews the work of others and provides technical guidance and training to customers and other employees.
2. Researches and analyzes accounting and fiscal-related data.
3. Posts transactions to proper accounts.
4. Prepares and enters data to automated accounting systems.
5. Compiles and prepares fiscal reports and statements.
6. Reconciles, balances, and audits financial data and accounting records.
7. Receives funds, prepares deposits, and reconciles bank statements.
8. Composes correspondence.
9. Responds to inquiries from and communicates with teachers, principals, administrators, DTU and other unions, and other school District employees in order to resolve accounting-related problems and issuesProbation:
One (1) yearQualificationsOpen Requirements:
A three (3) year combination of education, training and clerical/technical accounting or bookkeeping experience which includes the use of word processing and spreadsheet computer software applications.
Successful completion of a high school, vocational/technical school or college-level Bookkeeping course may substitute for six months of the required experience. Three (3) semester hours of successfully completed college-level accounting course work may substitute for six (6) months of required accounting or bookkeeping experience. General Accounting I & II together may substitute for Principles of Accounting I and are together equivalent of one three-semester hour college-level accounting course.Promotional Requirements:
All permanent employees of the unit in which the vacancy exists who have served for one (1) year or for a combination of one (1) year in the class(es) of Account Clerk, Bookkeeper I or Secretary/Bookkeeper, and who meet the open requirements may apply.Licensing:
NAKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of techniques, methods, and procedures used in performing technical accounting functions
- Knowledge of techniques, methods, and procedures used in reviewing, monitoring, and training of employees performing clerical-accounting functions
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, procedures, methods, and theory
- Knowledge of School District budget policies, procedures, and cost centers
- Knowledge of laws, rules and policies governing leave, budgetary, fiscal and accounting books, records, and accounts
- Knowledge of the automated accounting systems used by the School District
- Strong mathematical skills in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Strong accounting and fiscal records maintenance skills
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize work in the performance of assigned tasks
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to apply accounting knowledge to work assignments
- Ability to analyze and audit accounting, budgetary, and fiscal data
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply job-related information, policies, rules, procedures
- Ability to prepare financial/accounting reports and statements
- Ability to review and monitor the work of others
- Ability to use word-processing, spreadsheet, and related software applications
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with fellow workers, administrators, and customers
DISTRICT BASED Salary Range:
$13.07 / Per Hour Shift Type: