TEACHER - CAMPUS (CERTIFIED)/SILC TCHRDate Posted:
MEYER ESJOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE:
Structured Integrated Learning Community (SILC) Teacher REPORTS TO:
Principal WAGE/HOUR STATUS
: Exempt PAY GRADE:
Teacher Salary Scale Min: $57,425 DAYS
: 187 PRIMARY PURPOSE :
The Structured Integrated Learning Community (SILC) Teacher position is designed for the educator who strives to support and guide students who exhibit social skills, pragmatic communication skills and significant maladaptive social behaviors that interfere with their ability to profit from instruction in the general education setting. The Structured Integrated Learning Community (SILC) teacher is responsible for monitoring and supporting of eligible special education students as assigned by the Admission, Review and Dismissal Committee (ARD) to participate in the general education setting. Their responsibility also includes providing general education staff as well as parents with support, information and training on social skills, pragmatic communication skills and significant maladaptive social behaviors that may be exhibited in the general education setting. The SILC teacher is responsible for providing a variety of support services including but not limited to:
The work of the Inclusion Teacher is guided by curriculum standards and by federal, state and district special education policy and procedures.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement. QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required special education endorsements for assignments
- One year of student teaching or approved internship
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with general education content area endorsement(s)
- Valid Texas ESL teaching certificate
- Experience working with students eligible for special education supports and services
- CPR and Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training
- Knowledge of special needs students in assigned area
- Knowledge of Admission, Review and Dismissal (ARD) Committee process and Individual Education Plan (IEP) goal setting process and implementation
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction and appropriate accommodations and modifications for students with disabilities in the general education curriculum
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with children with disabilities
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong technology skills including technology integration
- Implements instructional program.
- Utilizes knowledge of learning styles and modalities.
- Correlates Individual Education Plans with regular education curriculum guides using the Standards Based IEP process
- Ensures that accommodations, modifications and behavior intervention plans are implemented.
- Designs lesson plans appropriate to each student.
- Utilizes campus and district positive behavior supports.
- Serves as the students' Case Manager including responsibility for:
- Coordinates and documents the Admission, Review and Dismissal/Individual Educational Plan Committee for each student.
- Ensures that students have appropriately written Standards Based Individualized Education Programs (SBIEP)
- Ensures that the IEP is being implemented, with fidelity in all school settings
- Evaluates and monitors individual student progress based on academic and behavioral data collection.
- Participates in placement decisions based on educational, social and behavioral data presented to the committee.
- Maintains documentation of implementation of services in accordance with the students' Individual Educational Plans, sociological and physiological data presented to the committee.
- Assists regular school personnel in providing an appropriate educational environment for students included in the general education classroom.
- Establishes new objectives based on the findings of the appraisal team to be presented as recommendations to the ARD committee.
- Suggests and/ or provides alternative teaching methods.
- Provides in class support for a specific subject area as appropriate.
- Assesses relation between student performance and disabling condition.
- Provides remedial or tutorial assistance to students.
- Establishes frequent communication and cooperation with the student's family to facilitate the environmental changes necessary to premeditate learning and/or behavioral changes.
- Maintains confidential records of assigned students and completes end-of-year reports and other evaluations.
- Fulfills the campus duties as assigned to other teacher's subjects only to the program needs of the special education child.
- Develops and implements Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: physical mobility, standing, prolonged sitting, some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, reaching/repetitive hand motions, and the ability to work with frequent interruptions. Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom or adaptive equipment. May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical restraint; and assist non-ambulatory students. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
This position is funded by Federal/and or State grants, you understand that your employment is expressly conditioned on the availability of full funding for the position. If full funding becomes unavailable, your employment is subject to termination or nonrenewal, or reassignment as applicable.
Employee Signature of Acknowledgment of Special Funding Date
Program Supervisor Signature of Acknowledgment of Special Funding Date
Supervisor Signature of Acknowledgment of Special Funding Date