About the Organization
Fusion Academy is a revolutionary alternative, accredited private school for grades 6-12 that offers a fully individualized classroom: one student, one teacher. As the nationwide leader in one to one schooling, Fusion Academy has campuses throughout the country.
Every student at Fusion is unique - some students are accelerated learners; some need flexible scheduling; and others have special learning needs due to attention challenges, learning differences, or social and emotional difficulties. No matter why students come to Fusion, our model is simple - through compassion and acceptance, Fusion students learn on their terms, on their schedule, and in their learning style.
Our model is a unique academic program offering services year-round on a rolling admissions basis. Our environment is highly personal and socially inclusive. Equal emphasis is placed on students' emotional well-being as it is on academic achievements. In addition to full time enrollment, students at Fusion Academy may take a class for credit or enroll in our tutoring/mentoring program.
The Fusion culture offers a special place to work, teach, and learn. Fusionites are a special brand of educators--they are creative, passionate, embrace change, and have fun! They communicate honestly and with compassion to both students and colleagues. People join the Fusion family for more than just a paycheck; they seek to work with peers who share these values. And because Fusion is growing rapidly, we offer considerable opportunity for career advancement throughout the country. Location
Boston - Burlington DescriptionDirector of First Impressions Position Summary:
The Director of First Impressions is responsible for serving as the welcoming presence of Fusion by greeting guests and staff in a warm, sincere, and upbeat manner. The Director of First Impressions answers phones with a helpful attitude and serves as the local office manager by assisting with student attendance, teacher and administration communication, scheduling, data input file creation, supply ordering, daily office upkeep, mail, and school specific email. Key Responsibilities Include:
Position RequirementsQualifications Required:
- Ensure that the phone is answered 100% of the time in a quick, warm, and upbeat manner during regular school hours.
- Answer and genuinely communicate parent's and professional's top 20 most frequently asked questions regarding Fusion.
- Assist teachers, parents, and administration in adjusting and maintaining the master schedule.
- Keep all necessary school and marketing supplies in stock by maintaining inventory and proactively ordering through the defined Fusion procurement process.
- Create and maintain relationships with all staff and students by being a warm, welcoming presence at the front desk.
- Greet all guests at front desk.
- Support Head of School with the admissions process.
- Maintain and organize student records.
- Provide celebrity experience to both staff and families.
- Help staff navigate company systems and processes.
- Participate in leadership meetings.
- Continuously enhance Fusion culture and happiness factor with students and staff.
- Support planning and execution of school events, including prom and graduation.
- Meet weekly with the Head of School to discuss administrative and campus needs.
- Assist with campus events.
- Support state compliance requirements.
- Be an integral part of the Crisis Management Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years of administrative assistant experience.
- Background in education and experience with students with ADD/ADHD is a plus.
- Maintain regular core work hours in the school (Monday - Friday from 8:00 to 5:00 and evening hours as needed.
- Supportive nature and ability to stay upbeat in difficult situations.
- Patient and understanding.
- Being an invaluable member of the campus leadership team.
- Creating positive relationships with students, parents, teachers, and the community.
- Our ideal candidate is an outgoing, well-organized individual who is eager to work in a highly dynamic, energetic school setting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Number of Openings
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong customer focus and understanding of servant leadership.
- Patience and problem solving approach when addressing issues.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and embrace change with flexibility.
- Highly organized with the ability to constantly multitask.
- Understand and execute core systems and processes.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely in written and oral communication.
- Solid listening and communicating skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply data.
- Well versed in technology and ability to teach others new technologies.
- Motivation to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Ability to stay upbeat even in difficult situations.
This position is currently accepting applications.