Job Title School Counselor Location Ashburn, VA, US Organization Name Rock Ridge High School Department Description Rock Ridge High School Brief Description To help students overcome problems that impede learning and to assist them in making educational, occupational, and life plans appropriate to their age/maturity level leading to their development as productive citizens; to help students develop their potential to live full, useful lives.
Detailed Description * Works to resolve students' educational handicaps; works to discover and develop special abilities of students; works to prevent students from dropping out of school
* Helps register students new to the school and orients them to school procedures and the school's varied opportunities for learning; provides assistance to students in course and subject selection; maintains student records and protects their confidentiality
* Assists students on an individual basis in the solution of personal problems related to such situations as home and family relations, peer relations, health, and emotional adjustment; is available to students to provide counseling in such areas as personal growth, self-understanding, and maturity
* Conducts small group counseling on student-selected and counselor-identified topics such as study skills, social skills, anger management, self-esteem, changing families, and grief
* Obtains and disseminates occupational information to students and to classes studying occupations; helps students evaluate career interests and choices; may organize and conduct career day
* Provides crisis counseling when needed, for prevention, intervention, and follow-up, with referrals, when necessary, to community resources
* Offers in-service training in school counseling topics for staff; collaborates with administrators and faculty on the matters of student discipline, developmental issues, and identifying significant behaviors such as suicide, self-harm, and depression
* Takes an active role in interpreting the school's objectives to students, parents, and the community at large; confers with parents whenever necessary
* Performs other related work as assigned
Job Requirements * Holds Master's Degree from an accredited college or university and completion of an approved school counseling program; holds or is eligible for appropriate licensure
* Has successful full-time teaching experience or successful experience in school guidance and counseling
The School Counselor reports to the Supervisor of School Counseling Services through the Principal.
Additional Details Teacher Salary Scale
Position is 7.5 hours per day.
The Loudoun County School Board seeks to cultivate a high performing team of professionals focused on its mission and goals. The School Board values merit and excellence within its workforce and encourages the highest levels of professionalism for all its employees.
The School Board also recognizes and values the diversity of the students and broader community it serves and encourages diversity within its workforce.
The Loudoun County School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School Board does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of actual or perceived race, national origin, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any basis protected by law.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply To submit an application online, please select "Apply Now"To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application.
will not be accepted in lieu
of a completed applicationPlease be sure to upload the following:
- Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.
- College Transcripts
- Copy of your teaching license (if applicable)
- Test Scores (if applicable)
Interview Date School Year SY_2021-2022 School Year 2021-2022 Job Type Licensed Closing Date Contract or Assignment Days/Hours Per Day 212 days / 7.5 hours Amount of Travel
Refresh Detach Attach
Skill Minimum Level Maximum Level Desirability No results found.