The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is looking for a motivated and collaborative professional with strong communication and organizational skills to join our Advancement team and support all fundraising for the Capital Region. The Development Manager reports to the Executive Director, Capital Region. The Development Manager is responsible for supporting, building, and implementing the Capital Region’s annual fundraising program including volunteerism and events in support of the region’s annual contribution and revenue goals. In addition to regional fundraising, the Development Manager will be an important member of NFTE’s overall organizational Advancement team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Capital Region’s donor portfolio and pipeline including corporate, foundation, board, and individual donors; ensure grant/gift deliverables are accomplished on time and in the highest quality manner, supporting strong year over year donation renewals and potential upgrades
- Maintain accurate regional pipeline using Raiser’s Edge CRM including deadlines, actions, notes, etc.
- Working closely with the Executive Director, cultivate, solicit, and steward contributions through well-planned, targeted strategies including prospect research, pitch creation, proposal and appeal writing, meetings, and reporting
- Implement a regional donor acquisition plan to identify and pursue new corporate, individual, and foundation contributions
- Ensure proper and timely recognition of donors with ongoing stewardship and relevant programmatic engagement
- Coordinate the Capital Region’s events, primarily including the Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge finals event(s) (may include both DC and Baltimore events) for sponsorships, judges, keynote/panel speakers, invitations, etc. in partnership with the Executive Director, regional board(s), and national Events team; other events may include donor cultivation/fundraising events, Road to Nationals events, Youth Entrepreneurship Summits, other TBD
- Support the Executive Director in managing the NFTE Capital Region Advisory Board to help them individually and collectively achieve goals related to community-building, fundraising, and volunteer activities
- With support from the Executive Director, coordinate volunteer activities related to regional schools, teachers, students and the national volunteer team for general support and on special volunteer projects related to national partnerships
- Represent NFTE at regional events and programs
- Be highly knowledgeable of NFTE’s goals, program model, culture, and key stakeholders
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in fundraising with specific experience fundraising in the Capital Region, emphasis on corporate and individual fundraising preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with good judgement and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills a must, both written and verbal, with an ability to clearly articulate complex programs, present exciting partnership opportunities, and report on progress and outcomes; must enjoy writing
- Excellent relationship management skills (both internally and with external partners)
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and grow donor relationships
- Track record of achieving progressive, measurable results
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and embraces tools, systems, and processes for organizational management and efficiency
- Positive attitude with customer service orientation and willingness to “roll up shirtsleeves” as a fundraising generalist to get the work done
- Must enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to NFTE’s mission and core values
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce preferred
- Ability to connect NFTE’s work and partnerships into the larger landscape of inter-related issues within education, employment, youth, and economic development.
- The position must be based in the Capital Region, DC Metro area strongly preferred
- The position will travel as necessary, locally and regionally, and potentially nationally (when travel resumes)
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role
- This position will work remotely, utilizing the employee’s home office
Why our employees love working at NFTE:
- Internationally recognized educational nonprofit committed to a dynamic mission
- Competitive salary with a total rewards suite of outstanding competitive benefits, including:
- NFTE sponsored Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (fully paid by NFTE)
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with generous company match
- Generous PTO (extensive vacation/holidays/personal time; paid sick time)
- Summer Fridays, Flex Time, Paid Family Leave, Short and Long term Disability and “NFTE Time” (additional paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA): Pre-tax savings for expenses not covered by plan
- Dependent Care Account (DCA): Pre-tax savings for childcare services
- Transportation Savings Account (TSA): Pre-tax savings for transit and parking services
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional development support through learning opportunities (internal workshops, external conferences, and organizational projects)
- Merit-driven recognition and performance management programs
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Telecommuting (via remote work from home options)
NFTE (Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship) is an internationally recognized education nonprofit that activates the entrepreneurial mindset in young people. Research shows that the entrepreneurial mindset - skills and behaviors including innovation, self-reliance, comfort with risk, communication, and problem-solving -prepares young people for lifelong success. Equipped with the mindset, as well as with the business and academic skills that NFTE teaches, NFTE students are ready to thrive in the innovation economy no matter what path they choose. NFTE focuses its work on under-resourced communities across the U.S. and in 14 other countries around the world.
Go to NFTE’s Careers page. Please attach your resume along with a brief cover letter. In your cover letter, you must respond to the following:
- Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States? __ Yes __ No
- Will you now or in the future require NFTE to sponsor an immigration case to employ you for (e.g., H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)? __ Yes __ No
- Are you subject to any restrictions (i.e. non-competes or any other prior employment commitments) that would inhibit your ability to carry out the responsibilities of this position at NFTE? __ Yes __ No
- Your experience as it directly relates to the requirements listed in the job description.
- Why you want to work for NFTE.
- Your salary requirements/expectations.
A cover letter and your response to the questions above are required. We will only contact applicants who provide a cover letter.
NFTE is a student-focused, equity-driven organization that works to empower youth and combat inequities in education, the economy, and our broader society. We offer a diverse and inclusive workplace where learning from each other is an integral part of our culture. NFTE actively welcomes people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!