Job Title Basketball, Girls Varsity Assistant Coach Location Ashburn, VA, US Organization Name Independence High School Department Description Independence High School
Brief Description High school basketball coaching position. Season runs Winter, November - February.
RESPONSIBILITIES AS ASSISTANT COACH:
- To work cooperatively with the head athletic coach in order to operate a well-structured program.
- To work cooperatively with the athletic department.
- To attend all staff meetings prescribed by the head athletic coach during the season.
- To carry out specific duties designated by the head athletic coach.
- To recommend equipment and supplies needed for the implementation of a sports program.
- To recommend suggested disciplinary actions regarding players violating training rules and procedures.
- To foster among the athletes a desire to win, an attitude of good sportsmanship, personal pride, and pride for their school and community.
- To perform other duties related to the position of assistant athletic coach as requested by the high school principal and/or athletic director.
Job Requirements - Coaching experience or participation in the sport which you are applying for on high school or college levels.
- Completion of CPR and First Aid training or enrollment in current CPR and First Aid training course.
- Prefer experience as a teacher or classified employee in Loudoun County Public Schools.
- Prefer a Virginia Teaching License candidate or a full-time classified employee for Loudoun County Public Schools.
Additional Details Co-Curricular Salary Stipend
The Loudoun County School Board seeks to cultivate a high performing team of professionals focused on its mission and goals. The School Board values merit and excellence within its workforce and encourages the highest levels of professionalism for all its employees.
The School Board also recognizes and values the diversity of the students and broader community it serves and encourages diversity within its workforce.
The Loudoun County School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School Board does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of actual or perceived race, national origin, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any basis protected by law.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply To submit an application online, please select "Apply Now"To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application.
will not be accepted in lieu
of a completed application.
Please be sure to upload the following:
- Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.
Interview Date School Year SY_2021-2022 School Year 2021-2022 Job Type Co-Curricular Closing Date Contract or Assignment Days/Hours Per Day Winter, November - February Amount of Travel
Refresh Detach Attach
Skill Minimum Level Maximum Level Desirability No results found.