The Reading Interventionist is responsible for coaching, motivating, and instructing high school students within the company model, with a specific focus on reading interventions and instruction that directly impact student reading scores resulting in high school graduation and career or college readiness for our students. The Reading Interventionist works closely with the entire staff to help ensure student progress and increase reading outcomes. RequirementsEssential functionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Provide a learning environment of high student accountability in reading that is student-centered and aligned with the school's academic goals and specified objectives.
- Provide direction and leadership within the school and classroom by displaying deep and effective working knowledge of the reading process and demonstrating best practices relating to teaching, intervention, and instructional techniques in content area text.
- Maintain, disaggregate, and provide progress-monitoring reports, reading records, benchmark data, and other student records as required by district or state regulatory guidelines and company policy and procedures.
- Collaborate effectively and professionally with peers to develop, plan, and implement best educational practices based upon the individual academic needs of the students that are aligned with company goals.
- Participate in professional development courses or activities to maintain appropriate certification or credentials based on position.
- Assist in all initiatives to ensure school meets defined FTE enrollment and attendance goals.
- Performs all other duties as assigned, which are aligned in accordance with company policy and procedures that ensure educational goals are achieved.
Education and Experience Required
- Knowledge of the principles of secondary education
- Knowledge of curriculum and instructional theory
- Knowledge, skills and ability to analyze and use data to drive program improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Education and Experience Preferred
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited institution in Education, Reading, English, ESOL
- Certification Requirements (one of the following)
- Reading 6-12 w/ESOL Endorsement
- English 6-12 w/ESOL Endorsement and Reading Endorsement
- ESOL K-12 w/Reading Endorsement
- Minimum one (1) year high school teaching
- Previous experience and/or the ability to work with overage and at-risk youth is preferred.
Opportunities abound at ALS Education LLC, a leading provider of non-traditional programming for students who are at-risk of dropping out of high school or who have already dropped out and are seeking a second chance. Serving students in some of the largest school districts in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina, ALS Education LLC manages 21 schools (17school in Florida, 3 In North Carolina and 1 in Georgia). ALS Education LLC is currently seeking outstanding teachers, leaders and staff who are committed to helping our students aged 16-21 who have dropped out and need a unique learning environment to thrive and be successful.
Our schools provide students the opportunity to get back on track in their learning by building basic skills and meeting requirements for graduation. Looking beyond graduation, we provide extensive career and college readiness training to prepare students with the skills and planning for life after high school.
We have an increased need for teachers interested in teaching reading, math, science, special education and English as a second language in an innovative high school setting.