Summer School Program 2021 - Spanish Teacher - Pre-K- 6 - RB#20-310a ID:
Elementary Education Location:
School Location Division:
Description BOARD OF EDUCATION DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES BUFFALO, NEW YORK 14202 RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #20-310a GRADES PRE-K - 6 SUMMER SCHOOL SPANISH TEACHER SUMMER 2021 JULY 7, 2021 The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Kriner Cash, is interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates for: In-person & Virtual Summer School Spanish Teacher
Grades Pre-K - 6 HUB Sites: TBD Training:
July 6 th - July 9 th (3.5 hours) Instruction:
July 12 th - August 6 th (Full Day) Grading:
August 9 th (3.5 hours) Candidates for Buffalo Public Schools Summer School are eligible to work for one of the summer programs only. 4-week instructional program not including set up, training, and grading HOW TO APPLY :
Click the "APPLY
" button at the bottom of this page to start your application. Once the application is completed, click the "Submit"
button. Your application will be kept on file for one year. Please apply to ALL
interested positions, including half day and full day. Applications successfully received will generate a confirmation email to the account listed on the application. (Be sure to check your junk and spam mail.) If you do not receive a confirmation email, we cannot guarantee that your application was received. You must submit an application until you receive a confirmation email. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Candidates must be New York State or Buffalo certified in the tenure area for which they are applying to teach. Priority in the selection of teachers will be given to qualified permanent/ tenured/probationary/temporary Buffalo Public School teachers in order of summer school seniority. Please upload a copy of your NYS certification(s). Ensure that your name is visible, as well as your certification area(s). We will accept a screenshot from your NYS Teach account or you can upload using the physical document. Summer school seniority is defined as previous years of BPS summer employment in a classroom setting. Only current and active BPS employees earn summer school seniority. JOB SUMMARY:
Position requires the planning, organization, and implementation of the appropriate instructional program to address the learning needs of the students; to guide and encourage students to develop and fulfill their potential in both curricular and extracurricular activities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Plan, prepare and deliver virtual and/or in person, age appropriate instructional activities that facilitate engaging and effective learning experiences.
- Develop lesson plans and prepare for class activities in virtual and/or in person modes.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Record and take accurate attendance daily for all periods.
- Utilize a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Identify and utilize different instructional resources and methods to support the learning needs of students at varying levels of progress.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of virtual and/or in person learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant district technology to support instruction including but not limited to Schoology, Nearpod, etc.
- Observe and evaluate student performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments as appropriate.
- Provide appropriate feedback on student work.
- Monitor and encourage individual student progress.
- Provide guidance to students which will promote educational development.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress and development.
- Update records accurately and completely as required by laws and district policies.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Manage the virtual and/or in person environment to promote high student engagement by establishing classroom rules and maintain student behavior.
- Cooperate with and participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the virtual and/or in person summer school program.
- Foster and maintain effective communication with parents and/or guardians to monitor virtual and/or in person student participation.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
- Attend scheduled virtual and/or in person meetings and professional development as scheduled by the building representative.
- Integrate enrichment activities that provide opportunities for students to pursue learning in their areas of interest and strengths.
This recruitment bulletin in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator or supervisor. Buffalo Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this recruitment bulletin and related duties at any time without prior notice. APPOINTMENT :
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following assessment of training, experience, certifications, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate. SALARY
: TBD FUND # :
Pending Funding FINAL DATE FOR FILING : UNTIL FILLED DR. KRINER CASH,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS