Company DescriptionAbout KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey is part of the nationally recognized "Knowledge Is Power Program" network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students for success in college and in life. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark's South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to educate over 7,738 students in grades K-12 across 15 schools in Newark and Camden. More than 90% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced meals.
By 2025, KIPP New Jersey will have fifteen schools in Newark and seven in Camden providing a world-class education to over 11,600 students. To learn more, visit www.kippnj.org .Job DescriptionWe're growing!
We are looking for teachers for all grade levels (5-8) for existing and founding schools!Here's what you need to know:
We're looking for teachers for the 2020-21 school year! Our high school is seeking awe-inspiring teachers to guide our students as they climb the mountain to college and beyond. Our teachers are dynamic leaders both in and outside of their classroom. They love students, working with families and the community they serve. High School Lead Teacher
KIPP New Jersey is looking for a motivated teacher with a track record of molding future leaders in our communities. You are passionate about education and understand the importance of building strong relationships in generating student achievement. You are dedicated to going above and beyond to ensure our students succeed.
We are seeking experts in the following content areas:QualificationsMust Haves
Nice to Haves:
- A belief in every student's limitless potential
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required (Official transcripts showing degree conferred are required prior to the starting date of employment)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 if graduation date is after 2016 or minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 if degree conferred before 2016
- Appropriate state teaching certification completed or in process of being completed.
- Subject matter expertise
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience, with demonstrated interest in working with students from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds
- A track record of success in the classroom
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
Additional InformationCompensation & Benefits
- A record of exceptional student achievement and results at a high-performing charter network/charter management organization.
- A belief that all students deserve a world class education which can be achieved through education reform
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, retirement, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop and transportation benefits for TEAMmates commuting into New Jersey from the New York City area.
KIPP New Jersey | KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer