[2021-2022] STEM Learning Specialist
- Job Type
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools-growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Academic Dean, the Learning Specialist will be responsible for providing tailored support to students with special education needs, through integrated co-teaching, in small group settings, or a combination of both. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned educator who is passionate about ensuring all students succeed and thrive in school.
- Work with co-teacher to create and foster a culture where all students can achieve at high levels;
- Implement a Common Core-aligned curriculum through backwards lesson planning and follow school-wide protocols for developing and documenting syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, and rubrics;
- Actively participate in all meetings, collaborative planning, and professional development, including an annual summer institute;Track, monitor, and assume responsibility for academic progress of students;
- Analyze assessment data, and daily data including exit tickets and Do Now’s to inform instruction;
- Set and maintain high expectations by building meaningful relationships;Work with Student Culture Team to create individual behavior plans for students, as needed;
- Build a warm and inclusive classroom environment and abide by school-wide practices for classroom management and individual behavior plans;
- Work with grade team to analyze data, revise practices, norm on team-wide initiatives, and discuss individual scholars with a solutions-oriented mindset;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and regularly communicate scholars’ progress towards goals and with families.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or higher preferred;
- Special education certification preferred;At least two years of teaching experience with record of improving student achievement preferred;
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families and community;
- Desire and ability to receive and implement feedback;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with various audiences (including colleagues, students, families);
- A commitment to working with diverse populations of families and students;Bilingual (Spanish) preferred;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
Apply for [2021-2022] STEM Learning Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrator Middle School Full-Time jobs in New York City
- Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment & PD Middle School Full-Time jobs in New York City
- Curriculum Specialist / Coordinator Middle School Full-Time jobs in New York City
- Teaching Middle School Full-Time jobs in New York City
- Career & Technical Education / CTE Teacher Middle School Full-Time jobs in New York City