WHO ARE WE?
Get to know Insight PA Cyber Charter School (ISPA)!
K12 Produces Results
Insight PA Cyber Charter School
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Insight PA Cyber Charter School. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Insight PA Cyber Charter School is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
Under the supervision of the Director of Academics the Academic Professional Development Coordinator supports the staff through training, planning professional development sessions, and coordinating induction and mentorship programs for new staff. Essential Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Plans and coordinates all staff professional development sessions including Professional Development specifically aimed at new teachers and staff toward increasing instructional and coaching skills, knowledge, and professionalism while helping to increase student engagement and achievement;
- Maintains all Professional Development hours for staff; Submits to the Department of Education.
- Develops and implements a training program for new hires;
- Sets a calendar of scheduled training for all staff;
- Collaborates with academic administrators and the Director of Student Services in helping to develop and implement a driven menu of trainings for all teachers and staff based upon a Needs Assessment;
- Attends regular training and information sessions with a keen eye on school needs
- Develops relationships with community and statewide resources
- Coordinates the state mandated Induction program and keeps accurate records of new teacher completion and training for mentors.
- Facilitates all school wide virtual professional development and staff meetings.
- Coordinates all school wide staff development including securing facilities and presenters for face to face opportunities.
This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities. Minimum Required Qualifications:
Certificates and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- Three (3) years teaching experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
: Valid PA Teacher Certificate. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s Degree in Education
- Experience in instructional coaching, and project management
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Ability to pass required PDE background check
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This is an office-based position. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic). This position will be in-office three days a week. Must live inPennsylvania.