Position is responsible for providing leadership, supervision, and coaching instruction at a large public high school. Responsibilities may include supervising teams at varsity and junior varsity levels.Essential Job Functions
- Provide instruction in all phases of the game of Lacrosse;
- Works with student athletes to improve personal and teamwork skills;
- Provides guidance and encouragement to help students profit from their participation;
- Maintain compliance of Chesterfield County Public Schools and Virginia High School League rules, regulations, and policies that pertain to athletic programs;
- Promotes a favorable image of the school district. Encourages community partnerships that enhance district programs and services;
- Works with the athletic director to evaluate program needs;
- Promotes the proper use and care of school property;
- Communicate effectively with the team, staff, parents, administration, community and the media;
- Handle financial items for the athletic program, including the inventory and purchase of equipment and the collection of fees;
- Participate in athletic department fund-raisers;
- Complete all necessary forms, including VHSL required master eligibility forms;
- Organize and maintain proper records, including VHSL physical forms, insurance information and team statistics and information;
- Be knowledgeable of, monitor, and maintain compliance of applicable health and safety practices.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Demonstrates professionalism and contributes to a positive environment. Working knowledge about athletic program regulations. Skillfully manages individual, group, and organizational interactions. Effectively uses verbal, nonverbal, writing, and listening skills. Averts problem situations and intervenes to resolve conflicts. Exercises self-control and perseverance when dealing with students. Completes paperwork timely and accurately. Maintains an acceptable attendance record and is punctual.Requirements
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Meets all mandated health requirements (e.g., a negative tuberculosis test, etc.).
- Must be fingerprinted and have documented results of clear criminal record.
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.
- Education and experience should demonstrate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Investigation
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening/Test
Chesterfield County Public Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities for employees as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, administration reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position and does not imply an employment contract.