Job Title Director, Infrastructure & Engineering Location Ashburn, VA, US Organization Name Administration Building Department Description Department of Digital Innovation
Brief Description The Director of Infrastructure & Engineering is passionate, self-motivated, results-oriented leader with experience in providing leadership to a technical team and hands-on technical direction to deliver tactical solutions to school division
problems. The successful candidate must have extensive experience and knowledge of the system development life cycle, and large-scale, highly available, and complex/real-time network and bandwidth intensive environments. This
individual must leverage collaboration, consensus building and indirect reporting relationships to influence leadership, peers and key stakeholders to develop a common vision and strategy across the organization. Detailed Description The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
* Defines and executes a strategy that both stabilizes the existing network architecture and provides a scalable foundation to pro-actively evolve with projected demands on bandwidth.
* Develops and drives the development of innovative network operations processes and tools from concept to delivery with a focus on the latest innovations in SDN, virtualization and cloud adoption. Transforms the technical infrastructure to a simplified, interoperable enterprise platform.
* Serves as the key technical leader between DDI and all departments dependent on enterprise solutions to determine current and future needs.
* Creates excellent customer service approaches for delivering services and proactively manages change management that mitigates risk to the school division.
* Leverages IT Information Library (ITIL) processes such as Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations, and Continuous Improvement to create and manage new services that deliver enterprise value.
* Provides leadership to handle demands from projects and Technology upgrades including recommendations for vendor tools/solutions and global alignment of networks.
* Ensures that information security and risk management are embedded within the culture requiring continuous improvement to a complex set of functions to handle security and compliance risks related to information systems and assets.
* Directs the continuous and secure operation, administration and maintenance of the corporate computing and networking infrastructure, including development of Risk Management, Identity/Access Management, Information Security and Privacy, and Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans.
* Develops cloud-native application and policy-based infrastructure and application technologies for security and assurance.
Job Requirements * Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities have been acquired
* Ten years of experience in network engineering
* Prior management experience required
* Experience with various network and security technologies
* Broad experience with external Cloud providers
* Familiarity with a variety of network vendors, protocols, and methodologies
* Self-motivated and directed with strong organizational skills and keen ability to prioritize and multi-task
* Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills. Customer service oriented
* Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
* Ability to train users and communicate procedures and changes related to Technology
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. The employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately,
loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time.
Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Additional Details Administrator/Professional Salary Scale , Universal Level 27
FLSA Exempt Status
Reports to Assistant Superintendent, Digital Innovation
The Loudoun County School Board seeks to cultivate a high performing team of professionals focused on its mission and goals. The School Board values merit and excellence within its workforce and encourages the highest levels of professionalism for all its employees.
The School Board also recognizes and values the diversity of the students and broader community it serves and encourages diversity within its workforce.
The Loudoun County School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School Board does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of actual or perceived race, national origin, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any basis protected by law.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply To submit an application online, please select "Apply Now"To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Please be sure to upload the following:
- Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.
- Letter of Interest
Interview Date School Year SY_2021-2022 School Year 2021-2022 Job Type Administrative Closing Date Contract or Assignment Days/Hours Per Day 248 days / 8 hours Amount of Travel
Refresh Detach Attach
Skill Minimum Level Maximum Level Desirability No results found.