We’re hiring a Human Resources Office Administrative Coordinator to join our team of rockstars to work at the school district's HR Office located in Burlington, Vermont. This might be the outstanding opportunity you’re looking for if you:
- Have previous experience, or looking to get experience in the HR field.
- Enjoy talking with people and being the "face" of a district, engaging with new employees and existing staff.
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Take pride in maintaining files and records and enjoy compliance with recordkeeping regulations and best practices.
- Have an exceptional ability to multi-task and a willingness to participate in multiple assignments.
- Eager to learn in an office setting and learn new tasks.
- Proficient with computer systems.
Benefits include paid vacations, paid holidays, paid sick and personal days, paid HR membership and related dues, and professional development. Plus access to group health insurance benefits for single, 2-person, family, or domestic partner coverage with generous district-paid support towards your annual out-of-pocket deductible, district-paid life insurance, and a lot of cakeable celebrations and events with an awesome team!
Pay Range: $18.00 to $22.00 per hour; based on experience, this position eligible for overtime.
The Burlington School District recognizes the need and importance of diverse hires. We celebrate that diversity is a key component of our overall strategic plan for all school locations and business units' cultures.
Come and join the journey to support our mission!
DESCRIPTION: The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the coordination of activities and ensuring the timely flow of information. S/he handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. S/he will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, organized and possess excellent judgment.
1. Associates or Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of equivalent experience
2. Highly proficient in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other applicable software programs
3. Proficient in initiating, developing and managing projects through completion
4. Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately
5. Demonstrated skill in interpersonal and verbal/written communications
6. Demonstrated excellence in organization skills and attention to detail
7. Knowledgeable in existing technologies and processes that support efficient and effective operations
8. Knowledge of general office manners, routines and procedures
SELECTED ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. Answer and direct phone calls
2. Manage calendar for the Senior Director and Assistant Director
3. Maintain records, documents and other confidential information and files
4. Compile, assimilate, and prepare confidential and sensitive documents and reports
5. Assist HR Associates with recruitment, hiring and onboarding processes
6. Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for the Senior Director and Assistant Director
7. Prepare agendas, organize materials for meetings, and set up location if necessary
8. Assist directors, managers and staff with projects as assigned by the Senior Director
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director
To apply for this position and to Join our Team: Visit BSD Career’s Page https://www.bsdvt.org/careers or apply on SchoolSpring.com