The State College Area School District is searching for an educational leader to be our next Assistant Superintendent for Elementary Education. We are a nationally acclaimed district of 6,800 students, with a budget of approximately $164 million, and within a vibrant education-focused community. The State College area community includes Penn State, a large, diverse university with a proud international presence. Reflecting our population, equity and inclusivity are at the forefront of our work with every student. The successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to diversity and recognize equity and inclusivity as the foundations to prepare each student for lifelong success, our mission. Our District has engaged families and community members who strongly support education through establishing partnerships that focus on improving learning experiences and opportunities for all students.
Overall, this role oversees grades K-5 in eight Elementary Schools. The Assistant Superintendent provides leadership in the areas of instructional administration; supervision and staff development; budget development; staffing planning; curriculum, instruction and assessment; policy development; and systematic program evaluation. In addition, the Assistant Superintendent participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of District initiatives.
The successful candidate must be skilled and experienced in instructional and organizational leadership; understand best practices in student learning, professional development, supervision and evaluation, and conflict resolution; and show expertise in developing budgets and master scheduling.
Other essential duties of the position include the ability to:
- Promote a culture of collaboration, trust, and high expectations that support learning;
- Further the development of a shared plan to attain the District’s strategic goals;
- Understand how curriculum, instruction, and assessment are used to support student learning;
- Ensure that every member of our diverse student population experiences equitable academic and social-emotional growth;
- Improve equitable access to educational opportunities (higher-level courses, gifted and talented), athletics, co-curricular activities, and related resources/technology;
- Manage resources and operations to efficiently optimize student learning;
- Think strategically, plan and prioritize effectively;
- Manage several complex projects simultaneously to meet deadlines;
- Utilize analytical/problem-solving abilities and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Display personal effectiveness/credibility and make sound judgments;
- Communicate and present information effectively both orally and in writing.
Applicants must hold a Master’s degree, have successful experience as an educational administrator, and either provide a PA letter of eligibility or be able to obtain certification by 2022. SCASD strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. If you desire to serve in this important leadership role, then please provide your cover letter, resume, and certification. Credentials will be reviewed beginning July 1, 2021.
The State College Area School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.