About the Role
At GEMS Dubai American Academy we are looking for an experienced and exuberant Elementary School Counselor
to join us for the start of the 21-22 academic year. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate educator who is driven to provide education at an exceptional level to join our world class school.
Curriculum for students in Grades 1 through 5 emphasizes basic skills in all subject areas and introduces higher level skills to challenge students and stimulate their interests and thinking. The curriculum fosters the concept that learning will be enjoyable and rewarding throughout students' lives. Our instructional program makes a variety of provisions to support individual learning differences and all teachers strive to meet the needs of all students. DAA teachers encourage and assist students in becoming active learners, and with integrating their ideas, feelings and experiences into the instructional program.
If you are teacher who strives to challenge your students to reach their personal excellence goals, have high expectations of yourself and your students, and value joy in your classroom, Dubai American Academy is the school for you!
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree level qualification in Psychology specialized in school-based counseling. Augmenting school counseling certifications and licenses are beneficial
- Solid and demonstrable counseling experience of at least 3 years, supporting Elementary School students with diverse backgrounds
- American curriculum school experience, however, this is not mandatory
- History of successful partnering with Admin (SLT) and other relevant stake holders
- Knowledge of advisory or character programs
- Resilient and agile decision-making skills to ensure successful design and implementation of programs that meet school and student body requirements to help students achieve success in all aspects of their life
- Superior interpersonal skills that reflect patience, tolerance, sensitivity, empathy and enthusiasm for working with students, parents and school staff in a multicultural and international setting
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
If you are keen to apply and meet minimum requirements please clarify in your Cover Letter if a teaching/school support partner will accompany you and briefly describe their qualification(s) and experience.About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, tuition fee concession, private medical insurance, annual airfare to country of residence, and End of Service Gratuity.About GEMS
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation. About the School
Dubai American Academy (DAA) opened in 1998 is GEMS Education's flagship American school with over 2700 students in grades KG1-12. DAA is a vibrant international community, deeply rooted in a culture of kindness, that creates and empowers leaders and independent thinkers with integrity, character, and drive. The school offers an enriched American curriculum to students of all nationalities culminating in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and/or an American high school diploma. Beyond its rigorous academic program, DAA prepares students to lead successful lives through the exceptional diversity of its community and the extra-curricular and athletic experiences that contribute to the development of the whole person. DAA is the only American school in Dubai that has received an outstanding rating from the Dubai Schools Inspection Bureau (DSIB), a distinction the school has since 2011.
http://www.gemsaa-dubai.com/ About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.