Food ServicesDate Posted:
Multiple Locations Food Service Worker
Under the general supervison of the Director of Food Services, has managerial responsiblitiy for planning and supervising all food service activities in school. Work invloves implementing specifications and standards to maintain quality control and efficient operation of the school's food serviceprogram, including the national School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Program, the a la carte programs, school and some district catering functions. Essential Performance Responsibilities
Food Safety and Sanitation
- Under the direction of the Director, assists in the developing menu plans for the school based on nutritional adequacy, budgetary constraints, and federal standards and customer acceptance.
- Provides information necessary for analysis of menuy choices to Diector upon requestr.
- Forecast and orders food and material required for school, catering functions as necessary, according to established purchasing methods and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with approved food preparation and service procedures, inluding use of standardized recipes, portion control, presentation and quality of food and HACCP.
- Participates in taste testing and evaluation of new products, recipes and methods of preparation.
- Attends professtional development events when possible to gain additional training, opportunities and identify new products
Food Service Personnel Management
- Implements cleaning schedule for production areas and monitors daily sanitation inspection.
- Demonstrates established standards, methods and procedures to employees for food safety at ERCSD ( Exeter Region Cooperative School District), in accordance with USDA, HACCP and State & local health regulations and Food Sevices Department standards and procedures.
- Monitors and retrains employees on the implementation of procedures to maintain health, sanitation, HACCP and safety standards.
- Maintains clean, well organiezed storage areas, including freezers, refrigerators and dry storage areas.
- Develops employee daily work load, defining specific task for each emplyee.
- In concert with the director, monitors and recommends staffing level for unit.
- Orients and trains school food service personnel by approved standards, methods and procedures.
- Evaluates performance of school food sevice personnel.
- Recommends additions and reductions to staff hours or numbers.
- Recommends changes in job assignment when necessary.
- Make recommendations about new products, equipment needs and quality of vendors and suppliers.
- Implements and monitors compliance with approved receiving, storage, distribution and inventory procedures of all food and supplies.
- Maintains records on USDA Foods including pack dates, distribution to other schools within the district, and all recalls and holds initiated by USDA.
- Oversees assignment of who will make a deposit to the bank.
- Responsible for financial controls of the schools revuene's coming into the school.
- Responsible for accurate preparation and timely completion of all required reports and records.
- Responsible for maintaining records through computerized programming; maintains POS and another method required.
- Coordinates and controls compliance with proper procedures for recording and reporting of meal counts. Trains and reviews staff on procedures as requires by federal and state regulations.
- Prepares and consoidates all production records information as required for accurate reporting.
- Maintains accurate time cards and associated requests for time off, reports of injury, when applicable.
- Maintains book of labels and product formulation sheets to provide adequate information for allergens for any student or parent seeking ingredient or nutrient count seek information from director.
- Complete knowledge of how to use all equipment within the school operation, such as Combi ovens, mixer, robot couper, dishwasher.]
- Coordinates and identifies repair needs and maintenance within the food service area of school kitchen.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Methods of preparing and serving a variety of foods from fresh, canned, dry or frozen.
- Use and care of kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Cleaning and sanitation methods used in a food service environment.
- Food storage methods.
- Basic arithmetic (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Customer Service experience.
- Prepare, assemble and serve a variety of foods.
- Work rapidly and efficiently in performing job duties.
- Work cohesively with peers, supervisors, school personnel, and students.
- Work in large groups and crowds.
- Apply and maintain standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and personal hygiene.
- Read, write, and communicate in basic English.
- Count money and make change accurately.
- Demonstrate customer service skills on an ongoing basis.
- Safely lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to bend, reach and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to withstand a wide range of tempreatures.
- Ability to work in refrigerated areas.
- Ability to read and follow recipes.
- Ability to learn the proper use of kitchen equipment and a safe and effective manner.
- Works in standard school caferteria and kitchen environments.
Prior experience in schools or institution feeding is strongly recommended. Compensation
- Hourly Pay rate based on experience and budget approval. Range $16.48-$19.21.
- Single Person Health insurance, NH Retirement System participation, and other benefits.
- Please apply online
- Applications will be considered only when a cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, license and transcripts have been attached to your online application.
Posted vacancies in SAU 16 have been approved by the School Board.
It is the policy of SAU 16 not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, age, or disability in its education programs, services, activities or employment practices. Selection Procedure
All resumes will be screened and selected candidates will participate in a thorough interview process FLSA Status: Non Exempt