Millcreek Elementary School Family and Community Liaison
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Student Support - Salaried/CLAS - 8492 - FAMILY/COMMUNITY LIAISON
21/22 School Year
The Family and Community District Liaison will be responsible
for supporting the District Wide Family Support Plan as described in the 2020 Vision Phase I Implementation Plan, the District Comprehensive Plan, the Superintendent's Plan, and the District Strategic Plan. The main goal is to plan, develop, implement, and direct highly visible and proactive family and community engagement programs and activities in order to ensure community awareness of District proposals and programs, and to provide the community with partnership opportunities.
- Supports the implementation of the District's plan for family and community engagement and public engagement and provide annual reviews and updates.
- Assist schools in recruiting parents and families as volunteers (e.g., classroom volunteers, workshop volunteers) for increasing parent and family participation in school activities and in their child's education.
- Collaborate with school staff for developing programs and classes to support the parents families of English Language Learner and English as a second Language
- Coordinate parent and family participation by organizing meetings and educational classes for program participants and encouraging leadership (e.g., parenting skills, volunteer training) for the development of parenting and family support skills, understanding of navigating school processes, and parent and family/student success.
- Facilitate outreach to low income communities, community leaders, and organizations for the development of resources and building partnerships with community members.
- Maintain various printed/published and electronic documents and/or records (e.g., program participation, contact sheets, agency referrals) for reporting required data, information, and/or documentation.
- Organize parent and family engagement forums and educational learning opportunities (e.g., enhancing parenting skills, volunteer training, child growth, and development) for enriching family members supporting family needs.
- Participate in workshops, meetings, community events, etc. for collaborating, sharing, and/or presenting information.
- Prepare various written materials (e.g., newsletters, reports, logs, memos, handouts) for the documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Provide appropriate referrals and advocacy for parents and families as needed, and progress monitor measured outcome of services provided for supporting parents and families in meeting their goals.
- Provide data for various reports (e.g., program participation, activity) for meeting program, district, state and federal requirements.
- Respond to inquiries from various sources (e.g., parents, community agencies, auditors, students) for providing information, guidance, and/or technical assistance.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Principles and procedures associated with professional communications services.
- Methods of appropriate communication and media selection to communicate with diverse socio-economic population.
- Modern management methods and techniques.
- District department-school site relations.
- Parental involvement in the educational process.
- Communicate with others and build positive, trusting and effective interpersonal relationships.
- Make recommendations and decisions and be responsible for those decisions.
- Perceive organizational implications of recommendations made by senior management staff.
- Communicate effectively both orally and writing.
- Bachelor's degree in communication, education or related field (required)
- Teaching certificate, or related licensure (preferred)
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights, up to 30 pounds.
Contact: Greg Ross (email@example.com)