Rippowam Middle School: Design Teacher
- Grade Level
- Middle School
Middle School Teaching/ Technology
2021-2022 School Year
The filling of this position is based upon continued funding in the Board of Education budget.
Note: Teachers dually certified in TESOL, Bilingual Education or ESL, with experience in Sheltered Instruction or fluency in a language other than English, will be given preference for all Stamford Public School positions.
The IB Design Teacher fosters the independence of each student as an International Baccalaureate (IB) learner, effectively assesses student needs and progress reflected through I.B. Middle Years Program (MYP) criterion. The IB Design Teacher is responsible for planning instruction to achieve MYP Design objectives, and implementing long and short-term Design goals. The IB Design Teacher is also responsible for the utilization of MakerSpace equipment and ensuring the MYP Design Criterion are met and assessed as per the International Baccalaureate specifications. The IB Design Teacher accomplishes these goals through effective communication with students, parents, and colleagues. The IB Design Teacher will use the interdisciplinary approach to teaching and learning utilizing the MYP Design criterion within their classroom. MYP Design is one of the eight MYP subject areas, which include: Arts, Individuals and Societies, Language Acquisition, Language and Literature, Mathematics, Physical and Health Education and Sciences.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application in the Common Core standards of reading, writing and mathematics as they connect and support the MYP Design criterion.
- Effectively supports the IB magnet focus as required by International Baccalaureate Organization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development as it relates to the teaching-learning process with a focus on the IB learner profile.
- Effectively communicates with students, parents and staff.
- Effectively organizes time, space, materials and equipment for instruction.
- Effectively assesses student needs and progress.
- Effectively meets the needs of exceptional students, including ELL strategies.
- Establishes a positive learning environment.
- Meets professional responsibilities.
- Encourages and maintains the cooperative involvement and support of parents and the community in the DSIP and SSIP.
- Supports professional development within a rapidly evolving area of IT as it connects to MYP Design.
- Connecticut State Department of Education Certification with grade level certification in any subject area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable Common Core State Standards, Technology Standards and Design Criterion.
- Must be willing to be trained and acquire the skills required to work effectively in all aspects of IB philosophy focusing on MYP Design.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching the subject area(s) and/or instructional levels targeted.
- Evidence of ability to work cooperatively with administrators, teachers and paraeducators.
- Evidence of organizational ability and willingness to pursue tasks to successful completion.
- Superior communication skills (oral and written).
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrate the ability to learn and implement Operating Systems (i.e. Windows); Office suites (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Docs); Presentation Software (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote); Spreadsheets (i.e. Excel, Google Spreadsheets); Communication and Collaboration tools (i.e. Skype); Accounting Software (i.e. QuickBooks); Student Information Systems (i.e. Naviance, Power School); or any other technology deemed relevant for this position.
Stamford Education Association (SEA)
Per SEA Contract
Online application is required.
Internal Applicants: Please upload a cover letter (summarizing your interest in and qualifications for the position) and resume as part of your Internal Application. In addition, be prepared to provide a two letters of reference to the interview committee.