WHO ARE WE?
Get to know ISPA!
K12 Produces Results
Insight PA Cyber Charter School
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Insight PA Cyber Charter School. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Insight PA Cyber Charter School is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us! Summary:
The Instructional Coach, having both content and instructional expertise, will work as a colleague with academic administrators, general and special educators to support student learning and teacher practice. This position will focus on individual and group professional learning that will expand and refine the understanding of high impact instructional strategies for teachers. This position will support others in building teaching skills, assist in applying new knowledge and provide ongoing professional development. Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Assist teachers in aligning their instruction with strong teaching methods, state standards, and student achievement data
- Observe teachers and provide meaningful, actionable feedback and coaching
- Model effective and differentiated instructional practices for teachers
- Increase teacher effectiveness by improving the quality of teaching plans
- Develop teacher’s ability to adjust instructional plans based on student achievement data
- Equip staff with resources and skills needed to implement effective instructional practices
- Design and implement well organized individual and group learning opportunities for teachers and school leaders
- Create and deliver ongoing professional development for teachers and school leaders
This position has no regular supervisory responsibilities Minimum Required Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Education, Instruction, or Leadership
- Current PA Instructional I Certificate in a content area or K-6
- Minimum of 3-5 years of successful teaching experience, preferably within the virtual setting
- Minimum of 2-3 years of successful teacher coaching experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of curriculum frameworks, standards and shifts in the Common Core.
- Experience in research-based and data driven instructional practices
- Experience in designing and delivering quality professional development for administrators and teachers
- Strong presentation, facilitation and organization skills
Minimum Required Skill Set
- PA Instructional Coach Endorsement
- Interpersonal skills to create collaborative and collegial relationships with teachers and school leaders
- Effective communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to pass required background check
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a flexible position with opportunities for in-office or remote work options. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
- This position could include limited travel and could include limited overnight travel. This is estimated to be less than 5% of the time. Travel will be required for PD and state testing.
Job Performance Requirements
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to exhibit mental dexterity to “dial” a telephone, to enter data into a computer, to read a computer screen and printed material, to hear and understand speech at normal office/workplace levels, and on the telephone, and to speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in the workplace and on the telephone.
- Ability to physically lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret workplace documents, technical procedures, research studies, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports with clarity.
- Ability to interface diplomatically with all members of the school community - administrators, teachers, parents, students, Board members, support staff, colleagues, and outside professional contacts.
- Ability to coordinate and use technology for a variety of workplace purposes and communications.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is at-will
as governed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The at-will
nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer of Insight PA Cyber Charter School. Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.