Garrett Morgan Elementary School Office Assistant 0.5 FTE
- Job Type
Secretarial/Clerical/CLAS - 7782 - SCHOOL OFFICE ASSISTANT
Garrett Morgan Elementary
21/22 School Year
Perform a variety of responsible clerical duties involving typing, filing and maintaining records or reports in support of a school function; apply and explain procedures and policies of assigned program or department.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties including typing, filing, record-keeping, proofreading and processing information.
- Type letters, memoranda, bulletins, reports, schedules, lists, forms or other materials from straight copy or rough draft on a typewriter or computer terminal.
- Maintain a variety of logs, records and files related to assigned school office; compile information from a variety of sources and prepare summaries and reports including attendance and enrollment data.
- Receive visitors; answer telephone and refer telephone calls and visitors to appropriate personnel; answer questions and provide information and directions or explain policies and procedures; schedule meetings and appointments.
- Assist the public and District employees in completing forms, applications and other District, State and federal forms and documents.
- Maintain and update records, inventories, index and cross reference files; maintain inventories of assigned materials, documents and equipment; compile and verify information; produce periodic reports, lists and records as assigned.
- Maintain attendance, academic and health records; update computer information databases.
- Perform basic arithmetic calculations; receive and process various forms and documents, including financial and statistical documents; conduct research duties as assigned.
- Maintain supply and material inventory of assigned area as required; assist with ordering, receiving and distributing materials, equipment and supplies according to established procedures; coordinate purchasing efforts Lead Secretary/Bookkeeper.
- Receive shipments of materials; inspect and verify for accuracy of quality, quantity and type of materials; notify vendors or supervisor of discrepancies or damage.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, such as typewriter, calculator, copiers, computer terminal and other machines as required; enter data in a computer terminal or microcomputer as assigned.
- Provide first aid to ill and injured students as assigned; contact parents, guardians, nurse or public service agencies in accordance with established guidelines.
- Assure the timely duplication and distribution of a variety of records, reports and other materials as directed.
- Schedule appointments, conferences and meetings; maintain various schedules and calendars.
- Perform clerical work such as posting records, making arithmetic computations and securing information from clearly indicated sources.
- Sort and distribute incoming U.S. and intra-District mail.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and one year of clerical experience including some experience with automated office equipment. Must successfully complete a Microsoft WORD and EXCEL assessments.
- Rules, regulations, policies and laws related to assigned function or school.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Operation of standard office machines, including computer terminals.
- Record storage, retrieval and management systems.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Basic first aid techniques and procedures.
- Basic math.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Perform a variety of responsible clerical duties involving typing, filing and maintaining records or reports in support of a school.
- Learn and apply laws, rules, regulations involved in assigned clerical activities.
- Make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Type at 40 words net per minute from clear copy.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including computer terminal as required by the assignment.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Complete work with many interruptions.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights, up to 30 pounds
Contact Person: Sarah Woodford (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MUST TAKE AND PASS A BOOKKEEPER, WORD AND EXCEL ASSESSMENT WITH A 75% OR HIGHER. CLERICAL ASSESSMENTS WILL BE SCHEDULED VIRTUALLY VIA OUR TESTING PLATFORM.