We are now accepting applications on a rolling basis for full-time, half-year positions, serving January 2022 through June 2022. If you are interested, we encourage you to submit a complete application ASAP!
Dudley Promise Corps members will serve as Education Fellows. As a DPC Fellow, you’ll provide targeted academic support including 1:1 and small group tutoring. You’ll be embedded in classrooms to provide small group instructional support, target individual students to provide extra support on a regular basis, and provide push-in support.
- Targeted, 1:1 academic support
- Small group academic support
- Support partner teacher in lesson plan implementation
- Interpersonal relationship-building with students, teachers, school-staff
*To learn more about the specific roles & responsibilities and training associated with the Education Fellowship, please email as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond training, you may be eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Education award upon successful completion of service
- Health insurance coverage
- Living allowance
- Access to AmeriCorps service member training through Massachusetts Service Alliance
- Student loan forbearance**
- Food Assistance/SNAP benefit eligibility
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Networking opportunities with community and education leaders
Teamwork & Collaboration
Education Fellows are part of Dudley Promise Corps (DPC), a full-time, one-year neighborhood-based AmeriCorps service program serving BPE’s Dearborn STEM Academy and Dudley Street School. DPC leverages the power of national service to support students in the Nubian Square area of Roxbury stay on track to attend college and serve as responsible citizens in their community, while simultaneously developing corps members as engaged civic leaders committed to social justice.
As part of the DPC team, you will
- Collaborate with school staff to build whole-school community and a culture that promotes high levels of student engagement and investment
- Support opportunities to expand students’ learning and growth by leading, contributing, and/or developing enrichment programs, school-wide initiatives, and clubs
Have questions? Email us at email@example.com or visit our site dudleypromisecorps.org
BPE does not discriminate with regard to race, color, origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, or religion. BPE is committed to seeking qualified applicants with disabilities and can provide reasonable accommodations during the application process and time of service upon request.
*AmeriCorps financial support amounts shown are subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about AmeriCorps financial benefits.
**May be eligible for loan forbearance. For more information, visit this site.