Coordinator I: Special Education and English Learners
Proviso Township High Schools
POSITION TITLE: Coordinator I - Special Education and English Learners
REPORTS TO: Executive Director for Student Services and Equity
CATEGORY: Administration/12 Months/TRS FLSA: Exempt
SALARY: Regionally Competitive
Primary Purpose: Provide coordination of district programs designed to accommodate those students with unique learning needs and coordination of district programs designed to accommodate English learners. Essential Functions
- Develop and utilize a variety of assessments to identify needed programs for students who are not able to succeed in a traditional classroomAssist with the development of a systematic district-wide program to serve the needs of students with special educational needs that is philosophically consistent with the educational programs of the districtProvide assistance for the presentation of workshops and training sessions to teachers and administrators regarding the special programs of the districtIn coordination with the Executive Director - Student Services and Equity, develop a process to evaluate and assess the effectiveness of the district's programming for special needs studentsSupport and equip teachers to be effectively meet the instructional and social-emotional needs of unique learnersWork with external partners, including the area special education cooperative, to ensure the best possible educational opportunities for all of the district's studentsAssist with proposal writing related to special programming needs for studentsEnsure the effectiveness of staffing, multi-disciplinary staffing, IEP meetings and other meetings that pertain to instructions, vocational rehabilitation and transition programsAdhere to all policies and regulations of the special education district, DHS/DRS, and the School Code of IllinoisParticipate in meetings and in-service training programs developed by DHS/DRS and the Special Education DistrictAttend meetings of the Board of Education and other District and community committees, at the request of the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and InstructionPerform other functions as assigned
- Master's DegreeIllinois professional educator license with secondary content or administrative endorsements, including Special Education Director endorsement.Minimum 5 years of teaching experienceBackground in Special Education or ESL/ELL and programs to support students identified at risk
The successful candidate for this position should also possess the following desired skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- Knowledge of current effective instructional programs and teaching methods for students with unique learning needs.Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; Perform written and verbal and presentations as necessaryExhibit a high degree of professionalism in all elements of this position, while serving as a contributing member of the Proviso Township High Schools District 209 and a dedicated role model for other employees. Demonstrate a high sense of integrity, ethics, and honesty in all actions.Use data information systems, data analysis and formulate action plans.Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Work is routinely performed in a typical interior/office environmentVery limited or no exposure to physical riskPhysical Requirements:
- Must be physically able to operate a motor vehicleMust be able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects, including the human bodyLight Work usually requires walking or standing to a signification degree
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Proviso Township High Schools District 209 Board's policy on evaluation of personnel.
Note: This job description is designed to provide guidelines and direction for accomplishing goals and objectives. It covers the essential responsibilities and activities involved in the effective execution of this position. It is not all encompassing or all exhaustive.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. The individual currently holding this position may perform additional duties.
Proviso Township High Schools is an equal opportunity employer
Pay Grade AD26 Minimum Midpoint Maximum 12 Month $104,613 $123,074 $141,535