The Security Specialist is responsible for assisting in providing direction in ensuring a safe and secure learning and work environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the school campus, while also providing input in regard to safeguarding the security of company assets.
• Assists as directed with the daily arrival and dismissal of students, including parent pick-up.
• Assists the Principal with safety procedures and drills, according to school policies and procedures.
• Manages the collection, storage, and discard of confiscated items from students as directed, according to school policies and procedures.
• Provides assistance as directed with the training and assignment of contracted uniformed police and security officers, as needed and according to school policies and procedures.
Assists in conducting required sanitation, safety, and facility readiness, as directed and according to school policies and procedures.
Efficiently manages and distributes bus passes
• Assists in ensuring that the campus is cleaned to school standards and guidelines.
• Provides assistance in training school staff, as requested, in crisis prevention and other approved school policies and procedures utilized to address and control student violence and aggression.
• Assists in conducting required sanitation and safety surveys according school policies and procedures.
• Assist in all initiatives to ensure school meets defined FTE enrollment and attendance goals.
• Perform other duties as assigned in regard to the position responsibilities that are necessary in order for the school to achieve its educational objectives.
• High School Diploma or GED is required.
• Previous experience in working with disruptive and/or low performing and at-risk youth is preferred.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish), along with experience in facilities maintenance is preferred.