Early Childhood /Child Find Coordinator
- Grade Level
- Early Childhood
K-12 Certified Positions/Child Find Coordinator
ADAMS COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT 14
POSITION TITLE: Early Childhood /Child Find Coordinator
EFFECTIVE: June 2021
Certified 228 days
This position reports to the Director of Special Education and works in collaboration with the Director of Early
Childhood. This position serves as the District Child Find Coordinator, and Instructional Coach for Early Childhood.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead Evaluator for Infant/Toddler Evaluations
- District contact for all matters pertaining to Child Find
- Serves as District Liaison with community partners pertaining to Child Find
- Oversees and directs the C to B evaluations for the district.
- Provides direct support to the Birth to 5 evaluation teams
- Tracks referrals of children under 5 who are not attending school; schedules screenings and/or evaluations
- Directs the summer evaluation teams for Child Find
- Collaborates with the Director of Special Education and Director of Early Childhood
- Serves as Instructional Literacy Coach for District approved Literacy Curriculum in Early Childhood
- Serves as Liaison with Head Start
- Serves as Family Liaison for the evaluation process
- Schedules, participates, and oversees all transition conferences
- Provides guidance on Best Practices in Early Childhood and Special Education
- Provides training and support on interventions with Preschool aged children
- Develops and manages a high quality and compliant Child Find Process
- Displays collaboration with all stakeholders
- Works with team to place transfer in students with IEPs
- May assist with Preschool Screenings
- Other duties as assigned
Oversee evaluation teams in Early Childhood as related to Child Find
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contribute in collaborative decision making regarding the purchase of resources
The education/training/experience, license/certification, general expectations, physical demands, and work environment
factors described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
- Required: Possess or qualify for a Colorado Early Childhood Special Education License (ECSE)
- Possess background and experience in early childhood education (0-5), stand based instruction, data collection,effective adaptations for students with special needs, and the implementation of IEPs.
- Possess or qualify for Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Child Care Director's License
- Must be skilled in current research based practices to evaluate, and provide appropriate learning activities forstudents with disabilities to provide effective coaching
- Extensive understanding and background in Early Literacy
- Must have experience in mentoring teachers, coaching and staff development
- Possess excellent creative problem solving skills to provide strategies for student success, with an emphasis on early childhood development, family involvement and positive behavior interventions.
- Must have experience in multicultural settings and appropriate language acquisition strategies for young English
- Language Learners.
- Possess excellent consultation, collaboration, speaking, writing, organization, communication and interpersonal
- Possess knowledge and/or experience in an inclusive model of special education
- Bilingual Spanish skills desired
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Required: Possess or qualify for a Colorado Early Childhood Special Education License (ECSE)
Required: Possess or qualify for Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Child Care Director's License
Valid Driver's License.
Proof of Insurance on safe, reliable vehicle
Ability to relate to students.
Has computer/technology skills.
Has the ability to work with students with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Has the ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers.
Has the ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
Has the ability to perform responsibilities without the necessity of close supervision.
Has the ability to effectively communicate with the School District community and community partners
Has the ability to analyze, instruct, negotiate, coordinate, communicate, problem solve and use interpersonal skills.
Has the ability to meet attendance standards and work the hours necessary to perform the essential functions.
Maintain a generally positive attitude.
Observe all District policies and procedures.
Follow the established dress code.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Frequent lifting 5 (five) to 10 (ten) pounds.
Occasional lifting of up to fifty (50) pounds.
Frequent sitting, bending, walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, crawling and reaching.
Mostly clean and comfortable.
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
LOCATION: Educational Support Services
SALARY: Per the Certified Employee salary schedule. To view the current Adams 14 salary schedule, please click here.
Position also qualifies for supplemental per the certified teachers' agreement. Adams County School District 14 is a direct
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
All new hires will be considered probationary status.
This job description is not intended to create any express or implied contract of employment or expectancy of continued employment for any definite term.
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Colorado law, Adams County School District 14 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Inquiries or complaints may be referred to Linda Shamlin, Director of Human Resources, 5291 East 60 th Avenue, Commerce City, CO 80022, or to the Office for Civil Rights, U.S.
Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Blvd., Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204.
Apply for Early Childhood /Child Find Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly