Description of Services:
***This is an internal position
The ELL Summer Program Principal will oversee the administration of the four-week summer program at the Cambridge Rindge and Latin High School. The Site Coordinator will collaborate with program teachers, students, and Parents. Responsibilities include:
- Supervision and support of program employees and students
- Supervision and support of Instructional practices employed to develop English language development, math and
college and career readiness
- Preparation and delivery of instructional materials, thematic curricula, pre/post assessment tests
- Management and sharing of I.E.P Information with respective teachers
- Maintenance of attendance records
- Organizing and supervising field trips and other educationally related activities
- Establishing community partnerships
- Ensuring safety and creating a nurturing environment that emphasizes learning, personal growth, and respect for
-Overall supervision of the program and other duties requested by the Coordinator of English Language Learner Programs.
The ELL Summer Program Principal will be compensated at the rate of:
$41.00 per hour x 5.5 hrs/day
Masters degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Education, and/or ELL, SEI
Experience: At least 3 years experience teaching high school ELLS/SET and/or teaching linguistically diverse
students in an urban setting.
Languages: Proficiency in English and fluency in a language other than English is preferred but not required.
Certification: MA Teacher certification in secondary education and/or school administration
Period of Contract July 6, 2021 through July 30, 2021
Amount of Contract: Not to exceed 4,285
Payment Terms: $41 per hour