NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102
ROGER LEÓN, SUPERINTENDENT
Announcement of Vacancy PRINCIPAL FISCAL ANALYST - TemporaryOffice of Budget(Pending availability of funds and Board of Education approval)
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Principal Fiscal Analyst - Temporary in the Office of Budget.
This title is governed by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission (NJCSC). Note that an exam has been announced and closed for this title in September 2020. If you are hired for this position, your appointment will be temporary pending the issuance of the NJCSC Certification List for this title.
Under direction of a supervisor develops, analyses, reviews, and coordinates the preparation, review and maintenance of the department budget; conducts other fiscal analyses; does other related duties. The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Develops budget revenue and expenditure projections.
- Reviews financial data and reporting systems.
- Prepares fiscal and other reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Provides technical advice on fiscal matters and problems.
- Provides guidance and instruction to staff.
- Monitors the preparation, review and maintenance of budget.
- Approves expenditures; authorizes payment of vouchers, orders and other transactions.
- Allocates payment from various sources to appropriate accounts; approves transfer of monies from accounts.
- Reviews expenditures for compliance with budget policies.
- Establishes and maintains budget records and files.
- Utilizes financial software packages.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Knowledge of the principles of cost and fund accounting.
- Knowledge of the methods used to prepare, review, and maintain the budget.
- Knowledge of financial projection and forecast methods.
- Knowledge of the procedures for the transfer of appropriations.
- Knowledge of the theory and principles of fiscal analysis.
- Ability to read, and interpret laws, rules and regulations and apply them to specific situations.
- Ability to provide technical instruction and assistance to subordinate staff.
- Ability to provide advice on fiscal matters and problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain fiscal and other records and files.
- Ability to review, analyze and interpret financial records and statements.
- Ability to prepare fiscal studies and reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Ability to develop financial projections or forecasts.
- Ability to analyze complex financial records.
- Ability to calculate revenue and expenditure projections.
- Ability to recognize discrepancies in financial data.
- Ability to establish and maintain budgetary records and files for analytical, statistical, and administrative purposes.
- Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
- American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
- Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
Salary, Terms & Affiliation
1.Salary Range: $69,930 - $95,545
2.Employment Period: Twelve (12) month
3.Union Affiliation: Local 32
How To Apply
Newark Board of Education is only accepting electronic applications.
Open and Close Dates
OPENING DATE: January 21, 2021
CLOSING DATE: February 3, 2021 or Open Until Filled
Equal Employment Opportunity
THE NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER