District and School Support Positions - Non-Cert
189 Board of Education Administration Building
Finance Supervisor CLASSIFICATION:
: Finance SALARY:
Administrator Salary Scale WORK YEAR:
260 DaysREPORTS TO:
Director of FinanceJOB DESCRIPTION:
Under the general direction of the Director of Finance, the Supervisor of Finance will prepare monthly financial statements including an analysis of actual revenue vs. expenditures. A cash flow report and workers' compensation report are also required for the monthly report prepared for the Board of Education.QUALIFICATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS: Knowledge of:
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or similar field required.
- Three-Five years of paid, verifiable, supervisory level experience.
- Three-Five years experience in general accounting/bookkeeping preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- Accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Computer Programs including word, excel and graphing.
- Efficient scheduling of personnel
- Work effectively in a team environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Assess problems and generate and implement solutions that support the Finance Department.
- Write reports using appropriate financial language.
- Interact with staff to obtain information necessary to fulfill job requirements.
- Manage multiple projects with great attention to detail.
- Use required computer programs including Finance Department software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential Job Functions) Prepares monthly financial statements Prepares monthly analysis of budget vs. actual revenue and expenditures Prepares cash flow report and Workers' Compensation Report for Finance Section of Board Report Collects and copy all monthly finance sections of Board Report for finance meeting Oversee all Cares Act (ESSER 1, 2, 3) spending, including completing grant applications, setting up monthly spending meetings, reconciliations between ISBE - (Principal Consultant) and E-Finance; and budgets. Assist with the district budgets, budget amendments and 5-year projects. Complete Budget to Variance Analysis Provides reports to auditors as requested Verifies wire transactions Prepare and monitor cash receipt reports Reconcile cash receipts Complete cash receipts duties as needed Executes wire transactions Verifies cash receipts received for deposit in Operating and Student Activity accounts Assists in year end accounting and school close out processes Prepares journal entries as required Codes request for payment forms Inputs new endorse into software system Approves purchase orders based on verification of account and budget Inputs purchase orders for Finance Department Prints accounts payable, payroll and student activity checks Reconciles district travel accounts Perform other duties as assigned. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Strong organizational skills, using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Analyzing data and drawing conclusions based on accounting principles.
Office environment; frequent standing, walking, lifting up to 20 lbs.