Navarre Middle School Social Studies Teacher
- Job Type
POSITION TITLE: Navarre Middle School Social Studies Teacher
Navarre Middle School (part of the South Bend Empowerment Zone) is hiring a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. If you are an educator who is passionate about transforming education and ready to join a team that is on fire to make change for our children, then this work is for you.
We are a system of schools that eliminates academic and social-emotional opportunity gaps and cultivates the greatness that exists within each child to confidently pursue their dreams in our city, nation, and world.
We nurture the mind, body, and spirit of each child by embracing equity, learning, and change for students, staff, and families. We harness the power of community and relationships to ignite transformation.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Principal
HOURS: 7:30am-4:30pm, M-F
COMPENSATION: Base teacher pay + $10,000 stipend & opportunity for performance pay
AVAILABLE: August 2021
Selected candidates will work hard to nurture the mind, body, and spirit of each child in their classroom and will provide curriculum and strong instruction to students in the area in which they are hired.
Key Mindsets, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Exhibits a willingness to learn, grow, and develop (we never arrive) ● Possesses an unyielding belief in all children’s ability to learn and excel
● Possesses a willingness to receive and integrate regular feedback into planning and instructional practices
● Demonstrates the ability to self-reflect on instructional practices and personal interactions for continuous improvement.
● Demonstrates knowledge of adolescent development
● Engages in and promotes culturally responsive pedagogy
● Demonstrates strong content area expertise
● Demonstrates the ability to learn and use a variety of instructional and behavioral management strategies appropriate to the needs of middle school adolescents
● Utilizes techniques integrating literacy skills and technology throughout the content areas.
● Contributes to a team-oriented adult school culture conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of all students
Successful candidates may perform any combination of the essential functions shown below. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or ability associated with this classification, but is intended to accurately reflect the key job elements.
● Work collaboratively with other teachers and staff to provide academic support for students
● Develop and maintain strong relationships and communication with parents
● Fully participate in meetings, group planning, professional development, and other staff activities
● Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the needs, interests and abilities of middle school adolescents to ensure Success for Every Student.
● On a regular and consistent basis, meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
● Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each middle school student to achieve learning objectives.
● Provides an interdisciplinary instructional program to meet the needs of all middle students.
● Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of supervisor.
● Guides the learning process toward the fidelity of implementation of the middle school curriculum.
● Plans and utilizes interdisciplinary instructional methods, resources and evaluation techniques which motivate and enable each middle school student to achieve success.
● Establishes learning objectives consistent with appraisal of middle school student needs, requirements of the curriculum, and knowledge of adolescent growth and development.
● Participates in school management and shares responsibility for the total school program.
● Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required. ● Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree required LICENSE: Must hold valid Indiana State Teacher's License in Secondary Social Studies Education and be Highly Qualified. A Master's Degree or higher is preferred, or be eligible for license.
Apply for Navarre Middle School Social Studies Teacher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly