Community Site Coordinator
Propel Schools is looking for a highly motivated full-timeSite Coordinatorto support Propel Homestead’s Community Wellness initiatives. The goal of this role is to promote Propel’s commitment to the communities it serves. The Site Coordinator will be responsible for developing and maintaining positive community relationships and programming.
The Site Coordinator is responsible for implementing high-quality programs and services that lead to student achievement, stronger families and healthier neighborhoods. Will ensure strong partnerships are nourished between staff, students, families and community residents. The Site Coordinator will report to the Senior Director of Community Affairs
This position is a full time exempt position that requires evening and weekend hours.
Key Job Elements:
Coordinate and oversee quality programs and services for the Propel Homestead's Community Wellness Center
- Organize and oversee committee/advisory team to identify and meet school needs
- Internal and external presentations to introduce and/or explain programming goals, successes and improvements
- Seek and cultivate fundraising opportunities
- Implement programs that aim to increase educational opportunities and social connections for children, families and community residents
- Develop and manage strong community partnerships to promote healthy relationships between staff, students, families and community members
- Negotiate partnership agreements/contracts with community partners
- Collaborate with school leadership to successfully integrate programming before, after and during the school day
- Develop data tracking system to measure impact on staff, students, families and community residents
- Maintain necessary research and data collection to ensure positive outcomes from programs and services provided through the Propel Homestead Community Wellness Center
- Manage and implement an effective budget model
- Assist in further developing Propel’s Partners in Wellness program with continuous partnership and programming opportunities
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, education, health or related field, master’s preferred
- 3 or more years experience as a leader in educational, non-profit or other organization with comparable responsibilities to this role
- Experience working in a school setting or with school aged children
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to do good work and improve current conditions and life outcomes for Propel students, their families and the community
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Comfortable working, walking, talking and generally interacting with parent, school staff, residents, business leaders, politicians and community activists
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Word and Excel and Google Suite
- The person in this position frequently communicates with various internal and external stakeholders regarding curriculum, instruction and assessment. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- When deemed age and/or developmentally appropriate, assist students in daily personal tasks (i.e.-tying shoes, assisting with coats, escorting to busses, and etc.)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Propel Schools is the largest network of public charter schools in Allegheny County consisting of 13 schools and approximately 4,000 scholars. Our mission is to provide high-quality schools to underserved communities. Each of our schools provide a rigorous academic environment and small class sizes where educators focus on providing each scholar with support and individualized attention. With one of the top starting teacher salaries in Allegheny County, a customizable benefits package and extraordinary career and professional development opportunities, Propel Schools is one of the area’s premier education organizations.
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000