The Data Specialist is responsible for managing the Districts Management Information System (MIS) to include all applicable data, reports and components related to FTE, funding, the Master Schedule, student schedules, grades and credits and graduation requirements.
- Maintain data in the SIS and MIS at all times.
- Enroll new students in the MIS upon first day of entry
- Effectively manage the flow of enrollment by ensuring new students are enrolled in both the SIS and the MIS.
- Follow up on withdrawn students - 100% of withdrawn students have documentation of an applicable withdrawal reason posted in the SIS and MIS
o Reconciliation of the SIS and MIS reports indicates data are updated the SIS and MIS in an accurate, timely manner
Audit of student files indicates transcripts being ordered, received, copied, and filed in a timely manner
o Utilizes the SIS and MIS reports to ensure all fields, data, and enrollment numbers are balanced each day - Audit to ensure reconciliation of SIS and MIS data fields
Contacts home schools to remove students from the MIS that are enrolling in the program - 100% of students enrolled in the SIS are assigned to school in the MIS
o SIS reports indicate complete and updated entries of Learner Profile data, academic/ graduation plans, and applicable fields - 100% completion of data fields
- Effectively collaborate with School District staff to ensure all school data are accurate, and reports are generated and received on-time.
o Demonstrated ability to generate accurate, required state and district reports according to set schedule
- Work directly with Principal to ensure that all school records are accurate, and work with school staff or School District staff to resolve any differences.
o Participate in state, district, and internal audits
o Verify attendance data in the SIS and enter into the MIS at the end of each day - 100% reconciliation of data.
o Request and track incoming cumulative folders, including ESE / ESOL folders, and record per District requirements
o Follow up with 2nd records requests for folders not received in a timely manner
o Work in a professional manner with District staff when requesting MIS assistance
o Enter grades / credits in the MIS upon receipt of Course Completion Forms
o Enter grades / credits from out of district or out of state transcripts into the MIS, upon entry
o Adherence to the procedures and policies in the Standard Operating Model
- Accurately report all student information so the school receives the appropriate amount of funding and support.
o Create and maintain Master Schedule per District requirements
o Maintain homerooms in the MIS at all times
o Audit prior to and during the FTE survey window to ensure all error reports are reviewed and processed, including class sizes and full-time course schedules on all students
o Documentation of participation in all applicable district training sessions relevant to job duties
o Enter student schedules from the SIS into the MIS upon the third day of orientation and maintain accurately throughout the year
o Work with the Assistant Principal to finalize transcripts for graduates by adhering to the following:
- Ensure graduation requirements have been met
- Withdraw student with applicable code
- Request, print and seal official transcript
- Organize student records for withdrawn students ensuring all necessary paperwork and documentation has been recorded and track as necessary
- Maintain a professional relationship with staff, students, their parents, and school district personnel in accordance with company policies and procedures.
o Observation of phone calls answered and returned in a timely, professional manner
o Observation of consistently exhibited high standards of professional conduct
o Observation of collaboration and assistance with documents related to transcripts/ records
- Follow up on requests for student withdrawals/ transfer while providing all information needed according to required school documents.
Audit indicates timely monitoring and processing of student withdraws in the SIS and in the MIS
Provide evidence of follow up on withdrawn students noting next school of record and applicable withdrawal reasons - 100% if withdrawn students have documentation in the SIS and MIS of applicable withdrawal reasons
Monitor student attendance and take appropriate action per District's truancy and exit requirements
Comply with outgoing records requests and track and return cumulative folders as allowed by District after the withdrawal is processed
• Assist in all initiatives to ensure school meets defined FTE enrollment and attendance goals.
o School meets or exceeds FTE enrollment and attendance goals
• Effectively perform all other duties as assigned and necessary in order for the school and company to achieve its enrollment and attendance goals.
o Meets contractual enrollment and meets or exceeds attendance goals Requirements
Job Requirements and Prerequisites:
• High school diploma/ GED is required.
• Computer literate.
• Bachelor's degree in Education from an accredited college or university is preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Bilingual in local area languages is as plus.
• Previous experience in school registration office and working with at-risk youth is preferred. Summary
Accelerated Learning Solutions' accredited, revolutionary charter schools provide students (ages 16-21) with a safe and distraction-free environment where students can learn at their own pace and on schedule. They are able to balance personal life and responsibilities while working towards their diploma.