Job Title School Nutrition Manager Location Sterling, VA, US Organization Name Horizon Elementary School Department Description Horizon Elementary School
The School Nutrition Manager has overall management responsibility for food service operations at one or more schools.
Detailed Description Basic responsibilities include staff supervision and coordination of food service activities to ensure high standards of nutrition, food production and service, and accountability. Job Requirements Graduation from high school and food service experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
• Must demonstrate excellent customer relations skills
• Knowledge of food service methods and practices, of proper food safety and sanitation procedures, and of effective methods of supervision
• Must possess a current Serv Safe Certification and obtain an SNA Level 1 Certificate within 90 days of hire
• Ability to supervise a food service operation and to train food service staff, to perform varied food service work including food preparation, serving, clean up, and cashiering, to communicate effectively with staff and customers, and to work cooperatively with others
• Must demonstrate ability to learn and follow USDA regulations governing programs
• Ability to market the school nutrition program to students and the community
• Computer experience
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records
As a requirement of job responsibilities, attends monthly supervisory meetings as well as job-related training classes and workshops, as directed by the Supervisor of Food Services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for prolonged periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 40 pounds. May be exposed to extreme temperatures.
Additional Details Classified Salary Scale , Level 12
FLSA Exempt Status: nonexempt
Supervisor: Specialist, School Nutrition
The Loudoun County School Board seeks to cultivate a high performing team of professionals focused on its mission and goals. The School Board values merit and excellence within its workforce and encourages the highest levels of professionalism for all its employees.
The School Board also recognizes and values the diversity of the students and broader community it serves and encourages diversity within its workforce.
The Loudoun County School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School Board does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of actual or perceived race, national origin, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any basis protected by law.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply To submit an application online, please select "Apply Now"To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application.
will not be accepted in lieu
of a completed application. Please be sure to upload the following:
- Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.
Interview Date School Year SY_2020 - 2021 School Year 2020-2021 Job Type Classified Closing Date Contract or Assignment Days/Hours Per Day 182 days / 7 hours Amount of Travel
Refresh Detach Attach
Skill Minimum Level Maximum Level Desirability No results found.