WHO ARE WE?
Get to know Arizona Virtual Academy (AZVA) !
K12 Produces Results
Arizona Virtual Academy
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate High School Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, Arizona Virtual Academy. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Arizona Virtual Academy is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The High School Teacher is a highly qualified, state certified educator responsible for delivering specific course content in an online environment. Teachers provide instruction, support, and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students’ individual needs. Teachers monitor student progress through Stride K12’s learning management system. They actively work closely with students and parents/learning coaches to advance each student’s learning toward established goals. Teachers typically work from home but must travel occasionally throughout the year to various school functions, such as state testing or as otherwise required by the school. This is a full-time position. Ability to work independently, typically 40+ hours per week is required. Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during workday, typically 9-5 (or 8-4) or as defined by the school. Essential Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Provides rich and engaging synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences for students
- Commitment to personalizing learning for all students
- Demonstrates abelief in all students’ ability to succeed and meet high expectations
- Differentiates instruction based on student level of mastery
- Augments course content according to prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools under guidance from principal and coach
- Maintains grade book ensuring student academic integrity, makes student placement and promotion decisions, and alerts administrators to concerns about student performance and progress
- Prepares students for high stakes standardized tests
- Understands that a primary responsibility is to establish and maintain positive rapport with families and regularly communicates with and responds to students and learning coaches/parents in a timely manner
- Supports learning coaches/parents with student curricular and instructional issues, as well as basic troubleshooting in a virtual classroom environment that is in line with academy policies and procedures
- Travels as required (on average once per month and/or up to 25% of the time) for face-to-face professional development, student testing, and as required by school
- Bachelor's degree AND
- Active state teaching license AND
- Ability to clear required background check
:High SchoolSpecial Education Direct Instruction English Residency Requirement:
Must live in Arizona OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teachers tointerpret and produce numeric, tabular, and graphic representations of student data, and use it to drive instructional decisions
- Receptive to receiving coaching on a regular basis with administrators and teacher trainers
- Ability to embrace change and adapt to ensure excellent student outcomes
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms
- Experience working with proposed age group
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Experience teaching in an online (virtual) and/or in a brick-and-mortar environment
- Experience with online learning platforms
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer Stride Inc., is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This is a home-based position.