WHO ARE WE?
Get to know ISPA!
K12 Produces Results
Insight PA Cyber Charter School
Behind the scenes
A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Insight PA Cyber Charter School. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Insight PA Cyber Charter School is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
Utilizing leadership, advocacy and collaboration the High School Counselor promotes student success by providing preventive services and responding to identified needs through the implementation of a comprehensive school counseling program that helps guide all learners in their academic success, personal and social development, and career and college planning and readiness. Essential Functions
- Provides individual and group counseling services to students
- Delivers a social-emotional learning curriculum to support student development
- Provides small group or individual support sessions based on need;
- Provides direct responsive services to individuals or groups in crisis situations in compliance with Crisis Response Team protocol
- Works with the Student Assistance Program (SAP) team to provide support and insight on referred students within the caseload
- Participates in school-wide support initiatives by leading grade band-specific campaigns, assemblies, etc.
- Provides a support system that strengthens the efforts of teachers, staff, and parents
- Member of the Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) team to provide support and insight on referred students within caseload;
- Works with the teaching team to design, implement and distribute Individual Learning Plans (ILP)
- Assists students in the acquisition of study skills, academic opportunities, and benefits;
- Collaborates with the 504 team to monitor implementation of the plan;
- Analyzes student data and develops data-driven programs for intervention action plans;
- Supports standardized testing program; parent education; and staff development;
- Manage transcripts, report cards and other academic documentation for new and returning students
- Oversee high school students in course placement and course scheduling
- Oversee graduation plans for all high schools within the caseload
- Focuses students and families on developing career readiness skills;
- Creates, reviews and implements transition planning for incoming 5th-grade students and outgoing 8th-grade students
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good and bad news
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leaders to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere
This position has no regular supervisory responsibilities. Minimum Required Qualifications
Minimum Required Skill Set
- Master’s Degree in School Counseling or related field and
- Three (3) years of experience in counseling and/or advisement OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Meets all criteria for employment in a PA public school, including satisfactory PA child abuse, PA criminal record, and FBI background check reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Web-based search engines, and database systems
- Flexible schedule; Ability to travel as needed
Certificates and Licenses
- Experience with distance learning
- Advanced coursework in counseling and administration
- Experience as a K-12 Counselor
- Experience with Local, State, and Federals laws and mandated reporting
- Experience in a charter school environment
- Experience with state career planning systems, Pathfinder, or other career planning platforms/tools
- Valid PA School Counselor Certification
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Performance Requirements
- This is a home-based position
- This position could include limited travel and could include limited overnight travel. This is estimated to be less than 10% of the time.
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to exhibit mental dexterity to “dial” a telephone, to enter data into a computer, to read a computer screen and printed material, to hear and understand speech at normal office/workplace levels, and on the telephone, and to speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in the workplace and on the telephone.
- Ability to physically lift up to 10 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of this position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is at-will as governed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The at-will nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer of Insight PA Cyber Charter School. Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good and bad news.
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leaders to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.