Vice President, Counseling and College Success
- Job Type
The Vice President, Counseling & College Success reports directly to the Chief Schools Officer and oversees cross-functional team members, with the team growing over time as the department continues to mature. The Vice President, Counseling & College Success will be responsible for implementing and developing secondary and post-secondary support strategies and programs for scholars with an emphasis on the academic and social emotional development of scholars to best prepare them for college readiness, college access, and college success. The Vice President, Counseling & College Success will be a data informed decision-maker who embraces a transparent and collaborative work environment with internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Counseling & College Success
- Play a key role in leading Alliance college and counseling efforts by using data and all tools available (student information systems, data, etc.) to develop and assess strategic plans to exceed performance targets related to college match, matriculation, persistence and completion;
- Provide a vision and direction to support new and/ or current resources related to counseling and programming which supports the academic and social emotional needs of scholars while also leading efforts around administrative competencies regarding college awareness and other college success strategies;
- Lead the College Success Team to analyze and report statistical data related to college going culture in order to propose and implement appropriate school based and network-based college supports and initiatives for middle schools, high schools, and alumni;
- Share best practices and other strategies that strengthen counseling and college success work and define the Counseling and College Success Team at school sites;
- Work with other Home Office teams as a thought partners and ensuresCollege Success Team initiatives are aligned at schools sites;
- Develop clear timelines and strategies for implementation and progress monitoring while collaborating with and engaging in discussions with staff at different levels to set priorities and deliverables;
- Collaborate with the Alliance Foundation to enable a new revenue pipeline opportunities through the development of new and existing partners for scholar donations;
- Develop and establish internal and external partnership outreach strategies, including the identification and prioritization of network schools, non-profits, and higher education institutions;
- Act as an advocate and voice for the College Success Team regarding matters related to Alliance wide priorities and strategies; and
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure success in equity and inclusion efforts to ensure welcoming and accepting enviorment and our commitment to be an anti-racist organization.
Team Management & Development:
- Lead and continue to strengthen a service-oriented team environment which fosters collaboration, transparency, creativity, and teamwork;
- Lead and collaborate with staff at different levels across home office teams to set department priorities and deliverables, develop clear timelines, and set strategies for implementation and progress monitoring;
- Ensure talent is sufficiently developed by coaching, training, succession planning, and motivated to maximize on effectiveness, productivity, and creativity;
- Provide a vision roadmap to create growth opportunities and ensure individual and team goals are met; and
- Oversee the recruitment, onboarding, and evaluation of full time and part - time staff.