Social Worker – (Bilingual Spanish/English)
Tindley Accelerated Schools is an open enrollment charter school with a network of three (3) schools, serving grades K-12. There is one track at Tindley: College or Die. Our scholars traditionally work one grade level ahead so that they are ready to take all authentic college courses beginning their junior year. Since opening our doors in 2004, 100% of Tindley graduates have been accepted to a select college or university.
Tindley Accelerated Schools launched in 2002 as the Charter for Accelerated Learning, Inc. In 2004, we launched Charles A. Tindley Accelerated School in one of Indianapolis' most impoverished neighborhoods. In six short years, the Tindley School established itself as a model for urban schooling in Indiana, winning the National Blue Ribbon Schools Award in 2010.
Now, Tindley Accelerated Schools is focused on giving students throughout urban Indianapolis access to opportunities for strong educations. That's why in 2010 the Charter for Accelerated Learning became Tindley Accelerated Schools, dedicated to expanding quality college-preparatory educational services for young people and helping Indianapolis schools excel - so their students can do likewise.
Become a Leader at a Nationally Recognized Charter School System:
In 2010, Tindley Accelerated Schools was the recipient of the National Blue Ribbon School award given by the United States Department of Education. We have also been twice presented with a Four Star School status by the Indiana Department of Education which places Tindley in the top 25% of public schools in Indiana.
Experience and Skills:
Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Assisting clients in receiving services by telephone and in person.
- Getting clients involved in beneficial activities.
- Assessing clients and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting clients and their families.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Watch for signs of child abuse.
- Provide crisis intervention.
Social Worker Requirements:
- Must speak and write Spanish fluently
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, or related field.
- Experience working with clients that are affected by issues including neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse.
- Ability to give full attention to what social service clients are saying, understand the points being made, ask questions, and not interrupt inappropriately.
- Awareness of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social service and health care actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset.
- Licensed clinical social worker.
- Able to develop a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention.
- Valid driver's license.
Experience preferred. Must be licensed.
See licensing requirement at
http://www.doe.in.gov/licensing and apply at https://license.doe.in.gov/
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Each employee is an integral part of our operation and success. We also ask from our employees that they do anything and everything that is possible to drive our mission. As such, it is our goal to attract, motivate, and retain top talent by providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for all full time employees. We offer competitive base salaries plus add-ons for teaching experience and advanced degrees.
Tindley offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
-Bundled Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
-Tindley Paid Life and AD&D insurance
-Access to additional group term life insurance
-Tindley paid Critical Illness, Short Term and Long Term Disability Plans
-Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Flexible Spending Account
-Access to Voluntary Critical Illness, Short Term Disability, Cancer, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Insurance
Professional Enrichment Program:
Under the direction of our Curriculum Team, our teachers learn professionally and educationally acceptable methods, strategies and techniques to manage their classrooms and develop the skills that are associated with highly effective teachers. Administrators are involved in our Annual Institute Programs as well as regular professional development opportunities.
Student Loan Forgiveness:
You may be eligible for student loan forgiveness of FFEL and/or Direct Loan Programs, through the U.S. Department of Education, if you work for us.