Open Until Filled
Custodian Floater - Part Time
$13.20 - $17.20 per hour DOE
Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the district buildings, schools and grounds as assigned.
1. Cleans assigned areas of the facility, including classrooms, hallways, rest rooms, and common areas.
2. Maintains outside areas and grounds as needed or directed.
3. Removes trash.
4. Assists with snow removal from walkways and other areas.
5. Performs seasonal work, such as summer deep cleaning and maintenance.
6. Sets up for groups and special events or activities by staff or outside usage.
7. Performs general maintenance and repair tasks related to the upkeep and operation of the facility and equipment.
8. Sees to the general security of the facility during shift.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
High school graduate or equivalent
Operation of floor scrubber, carpet scrubber, vacuum, shovel snow and pushing cleaning cart
Has the ability to work co-operatively with supervisors and co-workers
Maintains a generally positive attitude
Has read the employee handbook to familiarize themselves with pertinent policies
Observes all district policies and procedures
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION
ESSENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
Noise; dirt and dust; odors and fumes; hazardous materials; temperature extremes
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
95% Frequent standing, walking, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and squatting
5% Occasional climbing, and crawling
95% Frequent lifting pushing and/or pulling 5 to 20 pounds
5% Occasional lifting, pushing and or pulling 20 pounds and above