African American History Teacher - East Summer Flight 2021
- Job Type
Summer/Summer School Teachers
Proviso East High School
Job Title: African American History Original Credit Teacher - East Summer Flight 2021
Reports to: Summer School Principal
Location: Proviso East
Description: Proviso Township High Schools District 209 is seeking energetic instructors for its original credit courses for the summer. Courses will be taught in a hybrid format.
June 14, 2021 - July 19, 2021
Classes meet Monday - Thursday. No class on Fridays.
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Courses meet at Proviso East
8:50 am - 12:15 pm; except as noted below:
Monday, July 19, 2021; 1:00 pm end time following the End of Program meeting.
Valid Illinois Professional Educators License with secondary endorsement in teaching area.
• Use instructional methods that improve student achievement
• Assign and evaluate appropriate student work
• Involve students in learning
• Make effective use of entire class period
• Use appropriate school support and resource materials
• Convey to students learning goals and the importance of material learned
• Be clear in explanations and directions
• Provide continuity in learning activities
• Challenge students by using appropriate questioning strategies
• Adjust the teaching pace to assure maximum student understanding
• Communicate high expectations for student performance
• Establish a positive and safe learning environment
• Address different styles of learning by employing a variety of instructional techniques and materials
• Develop, communicate, and enforce a set of classroom rules, policies, procedures, and expectations which are consistent with school and department policies and with learning outcomes
Professionally Related Competencies
1. Perform promptly the responsibilities stipulated in Board of Education policies and administrative procedures
2. Attend each day of the program. Absences, for any reason, will result in a reduced stipend payment.
3. Model and enforce classroom and school rules, policies, and procedures
4. Be punctual in arrival times to the building and to class
5. Cooperate with other educational personnel