Network Support Manager
Proviso Township High Schools
CATEGORY: Administration/12 Months/IMRF FLSA: Exempt
SALARY: Regionally Competitive Summary: Supervises and participates in the installation, configuration and maintenance of the district's internal and external network. Supervises, trains and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel. Plans, coordinates, and upgrades diverse networking schemes supporting VoIP, WAN, LAN (wired and wireless), virtual and cloud network services. Essential Functions
- Formulates procedures for acquiring, testing, and implementing changes to hardware and software for the purpose of delivering appropriate support for school business and instructional programs.Supervises the administration of naming conventions for servers, workstations and user accounts including email servers, user mailboxes and internet access for the purpose of maintaining network security and monitoring systems to support and control network traffic.Monitors network configuration reviews, including all systems that comprise and enterprise infrastructure; coordinates with the Director of Technology in communicating any changes to network configuration to all impacted users for the purpose of providing updated, functioning and useful technology systems to district personnel.Analyzes existing and new network equipment, software and firmware features, functions, and patches; and recommends subsequent action, including upgrades based on results for the purpose of ensuring necessary department/program outcomes are achieved.Supervises, evaluates, and trains network techniciansServes as a technical resources for schools, offices, and technology vendors regarding hardware/software licensing and security configuration for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established requirements.Oversee the analysis of escalated or recurring issues to determine the root cause and drive the implementation of solutions that improve long-term functionalityRemain abreast of new developments and trends in the computer and networking industry; to maintain professional expertise to assist in technology planning and influence the technology standards used by the districtPerform other duties as the administration may find necessary and appropriate, carrying out all assigned duties efficiently, promptly, and dependably.
- Knowledge and applied understanding of a wide range of hardware and software in diverse technology environmentsFive (5) years of successful experience in an administrative position working with network and electronic data systems, preferably in an educational settingExpert knowledge of Cisco hardware including routers, switches and firewalls.A satisfactory driving record with a valid commercial driver's license, class B with passenger endorsement.
- The ability to manage personnel and communicate effectively.
The successful candidate for this position should also possess the following desired skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- Proficiency in multiple modes of communications (e.g., voice, data, messaging)Preferred BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Educational Technology or related field required.Extensive knowledge of hardware and software applicationsKnowledge of data privacy laws and practicesAbility to approach problems and issues from multiple perspectives and to recommendmultiple applications of technology to address district needsProgressive experience with education-related technology tools and applications desired
- Maintain emotional control under stress.Must be physically able to operate a motor vehicle.Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.Stand, walk, crouch, and do moderate lifting up to 40 lbs.
Note: This job description is designed to provide guidelines and direction for accomplishing goals and objectives. It covers the essential responsibilities and activities involved in the effective execution of this position. It is not all encompassing or all exhaustive.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. The individual currently holding this position may perform additional duties.
Proviso Township High Schools is an equal opportunity employer
Pay Grade AD24 Minimum Midpoint Maximum 12 Month $ 90,255 $ 106,182 $ 122,109