Paraprofessional, Summer School ESY
- Job Type
Summer School/ Paraprofessional, Summer School ESY
Winthrop Magnet (STEM) Elementary School
TITLE: ESY Paraprofessional
REPORTS TO: Summer School ESY Teacher or designee
To assist teachers in carrying out of routine classroom tasks.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under supervision of licensed teacher, sets up, distributes, and collects instructional materials.
- Performs various duties related to classroom management and instruction of pupils.
- Assists teacher with non-instructional classroom duties.
- Participates in in-service training programs.
- Performs such other related classroom tasks as the teacher may assign.
- Follows the rules, guidelines, and regulations of assigned program.
- Performs such other duties as assigned by the principal or designee.
- Able to enter the water at the beach for direct supervision of students in the water.
- Physically able to assist with toileting, diapering, potty training and general bathroom assistance.
- Must maintain student confidentiality and follow district protocols for communication with family.
- Associates degree, 60 college credits, passed the ParaPro Exam or equivalent.
- Such additions to the above as the Board finds appropriate and acceptable.
- Complete the "Handle with Care Training" successfully.
- Physical ability to perform all responsibilities of the position.
- Available July 8, 2021 for four-hour training at $12.00/hour
- Bilingual, Spanish and English
- July 12th - August 12th, Monday - Thursday, 8:00am-12:00pm
- $15/hour, up to 16 hours per week
New London Public Schools
New London, Connecticut
New London Public School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Candidates from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.