Instructional Specialist K-2 Early Literacy 1.0 FTE
- Job Type
Student Support Services - Certified/4575 Instructional Specialist
ITS ABOUT KIDS SUPPT SERVICES
20-21 School Year
TITLE: Instructional Specialist
REPORTS TO: Superintendent or Designee
JOB FUNCTION: Be knowledgeable in and model evidence-based effective practices to schools in curriculum, instruction, assessment, and standards. Recommend and/or provide professional learning opportunities that accelerates student learning in achieving targeted outcomes.
Must have at least 5 years of successful teaching in literacy for primary grades preferred. Instructional Coaching Experience Preferred.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Increase in student achievement and growth:
- State Academic Standard expectations
- District based assessments
- Curriculum benchmark assessments
- Close achievement and opportunity gaps
- Improve learning, culture, and environment
- Increase student, family and community engagement
- Increase the high school graduation rate and ensure every child graduates college and career-ready
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and assist schools with the tenets of the planning process through Comprehensive School Improvement Planning (CSIP): Recognize and involve various stakeholder groups, Analyze Data, Assess Needs, Establish Priorities, Set Goals, Establish Measureable Objectives, Develop Strategic ActionPlans, Implement with Fidelity andProgress Monitor to improve instruction, increase student achievement, close gaps and reduce novices.
- Analyze and interpret data to assist the DM Ccils through the Systematic Problem-Solving process (SPS)oiessciliddisestfrs/r iityscls
- rovides instructional support to schools and school support teams by reviewing best practices, providing information, and facilitating PD sessions for district and school personnel as appropriate in curriculum, instruction, assessment, and standards. Provides specialized and intensive support for focus, priority schools and high asset schools.
- Provides modeling of specific best practices including curricular alignment activities, digital integration, culturally responsive teaching and learning, differentiated instruction, co-teaching and other strategies to support professional growth of teachers and principals.
- Works collaboratively with Office of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment and the Office of School Leadership with the implementation, ongoing activities, evaluation, monitoring, and fidelity checks of a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) process at assigned schools.
- Develops a strong and current knowledge base in literacy strategies and demonstrates how literacy can be integrated into all content areas.Provides information, training and support to teachers and principals as needed.
- Provides current information from KDE and assists the schools with all KDE curriculum, instruction, and assessment requirements.
- Assists the Office of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment and schools with the selection, effective use and evaluation of instructional materials.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate in more than one language or the willingness to learn to communicate in more than one language at the novice level of proficiency.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's Degree and/or Rank I
- Recognized as a master level teacher with at least five years of successful teaching experience, and/or other related experiences
- Proven leadership ability and ability to work well with others and motivate others to perform at high levels, exemplary communication and organizational skills with a diverse group of people
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Kentucky Teaching Certification
- Consultant Endorsement (or the ability to receive such endorsement)
Contact: Sherri Heise (email@example.com)
More searches like this
- Administrator Elementary School Part-Time jobs in Lexington
- Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment & PD Elementary School Part-Time jobs in Lexington
- Curriculum Specialist / Coordinator Elementary School Part-Time jobs in Lexington
- Teaching Elementary School Part-Time jobs in Lexington
- Elementary Education Teacher Elementary School Part-Time jobs in Lexington