Kinder Ready Paraeducator (Glacier Valley Elementary School)
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Support Staff/ Paraeducator
Glacier Valley Elementary
Open Until Filled
Location: Glacier Valley Elementary School
Part Time Position (.5333 FTE)
Working primarily with three and four-year-old students who are not in special education, presents material and activities to improve skills in assigned areas that may include reading, writing, math, computers and/or vocational education. Works individually or in small groups. Records grades and other measures of students' progress and behavior.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities. A typical way to obtain these would be:
- High School diploma.
- Prior experience working in a professional childcare organization or early-learning educational setting.
- CPR, first aid and district approved behavioral management techniques may be required.
- Must have either an AA degree, or 48 semester hours, or be willing to take and pass the Highly Qualified Paraprofessional Exam.
- Files and record keeping.
- Personal computers and related software.
- Early childhood development and behavior management
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Provide instructional assistance in assigned areas.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Operate a personal computer and related software.
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and parents.
Compensation: This is a part-time 9-month position, working 20 hours per week, with a starting salary of $19.48 per hour. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) plan, and paid time off. This position is represented by the Juneau Education Support Staff (JESS) bargaining agreement.
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a records check.